The Struggles Of Living In A Dorm

The Struggles Of Living In A Dorm

It Goes Beyond Freshman Year

13
The Struggles Of Living In A Dorm
kentuckysportsradio.com

The dorm life is a key part of the college experience. It is a necessary habitat for young adults seeking independence. The problem with this notion is that us young adults are not the most responsible people. Which leads to a variety of struggles.

1. Dorms are almost never clean

Although companies are hired to clean certain parts of the dorms, it is up to the students to keep most parts of the dorm clean. And those parts are extremely messy.

2. The Bathrooms are Gross

Self-explanatory. Some are worse than others but overall, they are usually like sub-par public bathrooms.

3. You likely don't have your own room

This means you have roommate(s). Your freshmen year can provide you with a realm of possible roommates. You could end up with an amazing roommate who becomes your best friend. But you could also end up with a nightmare living situation and just be trying to get out of it. Regardless, having the privacy of your own room is a huge luxury that should not be underestimated.

4. It is Impossible to recover from being sick in the dorms

The dorms are a building-size vacuum for germs.

5. Once One person gets sick, Everyone gets sick

Everybody's germs continue to get passed around incessantly. It happens when a bunch of sloppy young people are grouped together.

6. Hardly anyone cleans their rooms

We all have so much going on that cleaning the rooms just becomes a liability.

7. Dorms Can Be Noisy

Ultimately depends on the school you go to and the dorm you live in however, this is certainly annoying.

8. Unhealthy living is encouraged

There are certain foods that are attached to dorm living such as pizza, ramen noodles, minute microwave mac n' cheese, and other dank snack foods. These are good until you hit that freshmen 15.

9. RA's

RA's are like your creepy uncle that smile at you all the time until you mess something up. They normally turn full-on undercover cop at that point. But what is important to recognize is that there are those chill RA's out there that really are not out there to get you. Those RA's are people that you can trust if something goes wrong.

10. Your living situation depends on your roommate

You can have all the space in your room, the best setup, all the snacks you need, a good study spot, and a comfortable bed. However, if you do not have a roommate that you get along with, life in the dorms will not be fun for you.