The Rise of the Modern Adventurer

The Rise of the Modern Adventurer

Indiana Jones didn't go on vacations. He didn't hole up in some walled-in resort replete with sumptuous buffets and guided sightseeing tours. He went on adventures in the wide-open world.

23

A new kind of resort for a new kind of traveller

Indiana Jones only lived in movies, but the reason those movies were (and still are) so beloved is because millions of people have a yearning to experience the wilder parts of the world. Everybody loves the romance of a good adventure.

Today, a growing number of people do more than yearn. They travel to the far reaches of the planet. They climb mountains, surf waves, deep sea dive, ride elephants, trek across towering ranges, hike through ancient forests, traverse mysterious bodies of water by kayak or canoe, snowboard unmarked slopes, go down jungle roads in rickety old trucks. They live epics; they don't just watch them. They are the modern adventurers.

Keg Resorts: The Beginning of the Modern Indiana Jones

Unsurprisingly, the hospitality world hasn't caught up with these modern adventurers, who tend to be in their 20s and 30s and 40s and travel by an inner compass that existing resorts don't understand. They spend their money travelling to exotic locales, not on plush hotels. They come home with experiences, not trinkets. These travelers aren't looking for luxury. Their needs are simple: a cool, clean, smartly functional and warmly entertaining place to rest and recuperate at the end of an exhilarating day, and a base of operations for their continuing adventures.

Finally, a hospitality brand, Keg Resorts, is emerging that is built for the modern-day adventurer. It all begins in Indonesia, where next year the first Keg Resort will open in Bali. Soon after, Keg Resorts will appear further off the well-trodden map: Lombok, Sumba, Sumbawa, and Raja Ampat. These adventure abodes will soon spread all over the globe, to all terrains: Keg Resorts will reinvent adventure travel, eventually even offering mountain base camps beneath summits from the Alps to the Himalayas.

The GoPro of the Hospitality Industry

Keg Resorts are more than a breakthrough in resort design and location. Keg is a lifestyle brand synonymous with thrill and adventure. Other brands in other industries already serve the needs of the modern adventurer — think Quicksilver, GoPro, and Red Bull — but there is no equivalent brand in the travel industry. Keg Resorts will fill that void at the very heart of the adventure, providing places for these like-minded travellers to meet, swap stories of their epics and join together in new experiences.

Keg Resorts are the missing part of the puzzle. The modern adventurer is already on the rise. Research shows that no generation in history has embraced travel more than Millennials, for example, who take as many as five trips annually and spend an average of 35 days of each year travelling. But until now, there has not been a brand that connects modern adventurers with each other and with the places and experiences they seek out. Indiana Jones would be proud: Keg Resorts is that brand.