The Problems With Trumps Executive Order Ban
Politics

"Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that"

10
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=refugees&espv=2&biw=1287&bih=629&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDxq7pjOzRAhVLKcAKHQcUBwYQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=children+refugees&imgdii=Y4my9UYf6W5_DM%3A%3BY4my9UYf6W5_DM%3A%3BtlNXEekvudmwtM%3A&imgrc=Y4my9UYf6W5_DM%3A

I'm sure everyone has seen the headlines this week with President Trump signing an executive order that enacts the ban of refugees from 7 different countries from entering the US.

I have a problem with this (and I know others do too).

When you look at United States history, you'll see that in the early 1900s we were known as the "Melting Pot Nation" because people from all different countries emigrated from their home countries to the US. The name Melting Pot came from the idea that even though people came from different walks of life, they were all accepted as Americans in our country. They were all part of one nation.

It doesn't matter who you voted for anymore. Donald Trump is the President of the United States and there's nothing we can do about that. But you can't deny that this executive order is an inhuman act.

In order to come into America as a refugee, there are a myriad of screening processes that refugees have to go through before they can enter the country (which logically makes sense). If you want to keep America safe, which is what Trump claims he's trying do, make the screening processes even more in depth than they already are, don't ban refugees from coming in all together.

Also, if you look at our history, according to CNN, no refugee from the countries Trump has banned in the United states has been linked to any major terrorist attack in the US. Any recent attack on US soil has been carried out by US citizens or by people from countries which aren't on the list of banned countries.

I think the biggest problem I have with this ban is that our government is turning its back on children. Children who are helpless. Children who have no families due to war in their countries. As one of the largest and most powerful countries in the world we have a duty to protect the people of countries who are war ridden and can't support themselves and who want to get out for a better life.

I understand that we also need to worry about ourselves as a country too, but we can't turn our back on the rest of the world. That's not what America was founded on. America was literally founded by immigrants from Britain who were trying to escape the British reign.

Our government has forgotten where we've come from which is among one of the worst thing a government can do.

Keep standing up for what you believe in. Don't spread hate. Hate can't overturn hate. Share your opinion respectfully and effectively. Hate won't get anyone anywhere.