The unspoken power of Y E T

The unspoken power of Y E T

Yet is more than just three simple letters, its so much more.

22
The unspoken power of Y E T

Just three letters Y E T, but even though it's a small word it has the power to make such an impact on life. Often times things don't go our way. We get rejected from that job or internship, we can't seem to find our 'person', we can't seem to overcome that one challenging class, or we can't seem to lose that weight. Even though those things are hard to overcome just remember this one little word…yet.

Yet means that something hasn't quite come to pass, but that it will. You haven't gotten that job or internship YET. You haven't found your 'person' YET. You haven't given up YET. Even though life is not easy sometimes it is so critical to remember yet. It's a mindset that will change your perspective on life. Instead of saying you can't do something tell yourself that it just hasn't happened yet, but it will especially if you're determined. If you work hard your desires will come to pass. Just like baking a cake, you put everything together, but you have to wait for the cake to bake before you can reap its reward and taste the delicious cake. Even when you learn to ride a bike or drive a car, at first you fell or were terrified and scared, but with time you picked it up and now you know how to ride a bike or drive a car. The power of yet is so underestimated and it has the ability to create a more positive outlook on life. This mindset allows for you to not be so hard on yourself because good things take time and they won't happen overnight, they haven't happened yet.

Yet and patience goes hand in and hand. You have to be patient with yourself when you try to accomplish a goal. You have to be patient with opportunities and that the opportunity hasn't come yet, but it will. Look at progress as a step and at rejection as redirection. You will end up where your supposed to be and you will end up where you want to be, it just might not be your time YET.

When we overlook the word, YET we become discouraged and upset that things aren't working out. We ask ourselves why me? Instead of saying Try me. Mindset is one of the most important things when it comes to the challenges that life throws our way. Life will have its ups and downs, but just remember that something hasn't happened, or the opportunity hasn't been presented to you…YET. If you work hard it will happen, it just hasn't happened yet.