You’ve Got To Watch The New “Love Island USA”

If Reality Shows Are Your Thing, You've Got To Watch The New "Love Island USA"

Honestly, it's better than "The Bachelor."

103

Ever since I discovered E! Entertainment at a young age, reality TV shows have become my number one guilty pleasure. Yes, that means I've grown up literally keeping up with the Kardashians. Come at me.

However, it's been a long time since I've been completely invested in one... until now.

The other night I was on YouTube, looking for videos to watch on my recommended page, and I came across the first episode of a new American reality TV show called "Love Island." I had seen a couple of my favorite YouTubers and influencers promoting it, so I thought why not give it a try.

Cut to me, wide awake at five in the morning, binge-watching all of the episodes that have aired so far. I was hooked to say the least -I also have no sense of self-control, but that's a whole other article to write.

Anyway, I had never heard of "Love Island" before, but apparently, the show is originally from the UK. Since it's been such a success on that side of the pond, CBS decided to pick it up and make an American version and it's not disappointing viewers and fans of the franchise. If you've never seen it, allow me to explain.

"Love Island" is a dating reality show that follows a group of hot, young, and well-waxed singles (five men and five women) who are secluded in a super cute Instagram-worthy villa in Fiji. Sounds like a dream, right? The goal is to find your "perfect match," win over the audience, and take home a cash prize ($100,000 to be exact). Oh, and a girlfriend/boyfriend of course.

The show starts off by pairing everyone up. But as it progresses, things start to get even hotter. Every now and then, new contestants arrive at the villa, causing re-couplings and obviously lots of drama. There are twists and turns every minute (I mean, that's how feelings work); games and challenges imposed by the producers to spice things up; and the worst part, elimination rounds.

And did I mention they're being recorded the whole time? Yup. Just like in "Big Brother." There are cameras in every corner of the villa that even have night vision ('cause, you know, watching people sleep isn't creepy at all). Apart from the "islanders," there's also a host, which is none other than Arielle Vandenberg– a hilarious and stunning actress and model you might remember from Vine. And my personal favorite person on the show, the narrator, who makes the most hysterical, savage, and relatable comments throughout every episode.

The best part is you don't have to wait a whole week for a new episode. "Love Island" airs every weeknight on CBS. But don't worry about missing it, you can catch up the next day by watching the episodes for free at CBS.com.

The never-ending drama, the flourishing relationships, the sexy contestants -it all gets very addictive. So, if you're a sucker for reality TV like me, do yourself a favor and go start watching this summer hit.