The Land Of Misfit Toys

The Land Of Misfit Toys

Because sisters don't have to be related.

11
The Land Of Misfit Toys
Ariana Archilla

Sister. It's a weird word with an abundance of meanings. For some, it's just another sibling -one more mouth to feed and to fight over the bathroom with. For others, it's a word that describes an unbreakable bond. A sister doesn't haven't to be blood related. I know most of mine aren't.

To my "Meeko" and "Leo,"

I don't think there was a time when we were together and didn't argue. Literally, I have never threatened (playfully) or been threatened (still not too sure if you're kidding) so many times in one conversation. But you know what? It's because we are both leaders. We are both strong, independent women who have a tendency to lean on violence. And we won't ever admit it, but we need each other. Just like Raph and Leo, we know we have each other's backs, and if anyone (and I mean anyone) messes with the rest of our gang, we are the first to take action. We are an unstoppable tag team. One can't fight without the other. Truly, we balance each other out. You knock me on the head when I need it (or when you're bored), and I attempt to knock yours (it's hard to reach your head from my height). We keep everyone in line, and we keep each other in line. Sure we argue (quite frequently), but it only shows how close we are (ya know since we haven't killed each other...yet). There is no better place for us to be then together (cause let's be honest, being on opposite sides would be dangerous to the world).

To my "Olaf" and "Mikey,"

Oh, boy, where do I start with you, my dear? You're the first person I kidnapped when we started school, and you're going to be the person I end it with. We are the same person, yet different sides of the story. You're the yin to my yang, and the jelly to my peanut butter. You're childish tastes in life, brighten my whole world. And I'm pretty sure I'm the best part of yours (admit it). I tease you all the time, but it's only because I know you're more intelligent and beautiful than you give yourself credit for. I don't think my life would be half as interesting if you were missing from it. You're like the baby of the gang, which makes you 100% more important. From you're out-of-context texts (which result in my ticked-off-mom replies), to SPAMMING MY PHONE WITH SELFIES, to our "where's Waldo and FroFro" games, you drive me bananas and I love you for it. We both "mom" each other and nag at each other (ALL THE TIME), but it's all out of love. We make each other whole. We're like two sides of the same coin. I'm pretty sure for those who don't know us, they probably think we're a married couple (you're my wifey <3). Just be you, Mikey, because you is WHO WE LOVE THE MOST!

To my " Flounder" and "Donnie,"

MOOOOMMMMM!!!! I was used to being the "mom" of my friends until I met you who basically became the gang's den-mother. Literally. You're the den-mother. I don't think I'd have enough patience to deal with myself and the other girls, but somehow you manage to keep us from killing each other. You're the mediator. The one who always knows what gif to use and how to make the conversation more interesting with funky graphic texts. The one who makes sure that Mikey is taken care of, and that Leo and I don't actually brawl it out in the parking lot. Honestly, I don't think we'd all be able to keep a firm hold on each other if you weren't there to make sure we don't pick at the glue. As you say, "you think first and avoid conflict as much as possible." You compliment the rest of our extremes. You balance the gang out. Even if you can't keep a computer alive for more than a day, you're still our Donnie.

To my "Dory" and "Splinter/April,"

MY PUN LOVING CINNAMON ROLL!! What can't I say about you?? You're the "punniest" girl I've ever met. You know when we all need to laugh and you never hesitate to come up with some form of clever word play. You're the gang's cinnamon roll. Even though we know you can take care of yourself, we love to keep you under our wings. You're smart, adorable, AND HAVE THE POOFIEST HAIR IN THE WORLD <3 You basically complete the group! You're laughter is the best thing ever (and it's so close to mine!). We love you soooooo much, girlie, even if you're memory isn't the sharpest (P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney!).

So, yeah, we're not actually related. Big whoop. The one thing that makes us sisters, is our love for each other, and sometimes, that can be stronger than blood.