The Impact Of The Beatles On Music Is Still Being Felt Today

Generation after generation can't get enough of them!

3729
Wallpaper Safari

The Beatles career was one of absolute originality! There is no other band like them; from the millions of adoring fans to the controversy they stirred up, everyone was talking about The Beatles. After all this time, they're still just as loved today like no other artist or group has been. Just about every artist on the charts these days will tell you that one of their biggest influences is The Beatles. From Lil Wayne to U2, the impact those 4 boys from Liverpool have had on music changed it forever. Odds are, your favorite song has some sort of Beatles impact behind it!

Raising The Bar

Before The Beatles rose to fame, you could say that the bar for pop stars wasn't set especially high. The music industry had no shame in cranking out hit single after single sung by some pretty boy from a clean cut town. While this music was certainly catchy, it lacked true emotion because of the fact that the performers were not writing their own music. This set The Beatles apart from the performers around them because not only could the boys sing a catchy song, they were the ones writing them too! Another reason they stood out in such a good way is because of their ability to play instruments as well as sing. No, The Beatles didn't invent bands but in a time where pop culture was booming, it was exciting and different for them to be the sole people behind the instruments being played on the track.

The Boy Band

By today's definition, to call The Beatles the first boy band would be an insult to their originality. Modern boy bands take the music industry a step back creativity wise but there is no denying that people love them. Fans love to pick their favorite member and there is something for all different teens. Paul McCartney was the cute and flirty member, John Lennon the mysterious and intelligent one, George Harrison was the shy and sweet one, and Ringo Starr the silly, charismatic one. While The Beatles were much more of a true band rather than a pretty group of guys, it's true that their unique personalities and individual traits act as a mold for creating lovable groups today.

Stepping Out Of The Box

The Beatles had a way of incorporating multiple genres and or cultures into one album and still making it all flow as one piece of art. While most artists stick to one genre, The Beatles weren't afraid to try a few out. For example, tracks on "The White Album" have a country feel to them but if you listen to "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" you will hear more psychedelic rock along with some Indian influence. The Beatles played what they were inspired to play at the time.

The impact left by The Beatles is one that has lived on for decades already. It is truly amazing that multiple generations have been listening to the same songs and each one loving them just as much as the ones before!