The Importance Of Taking A Break

The Importance Of Taking A Break

To be the best, you need some rest!

101
The Importance Of Taking A Break
Brittney Moffatt

Trust me, I know how important your career is to you. You want to give your all to it so you can get everything you need from it.

Every once in a while, we all take a shorter lunch break, stay late to finish a project, and complete tasks at home just to finish whatever it is that we need done.

Having a strong work ethic is very important, however, you need to know when you need a break. Here’s a few reasons why:

1. You will burn-out

If you continuously work without a break, you will over work yourself. You’ll feel stressed out, tired, and not able to complete your tasks. Especially if you have a lot going on in your personal life (kids, house, friendships, relationships). Trying to balance it all without taking any time for yourself will lead to you not being able to help anyone.

2. Focusing on yourself helps you focus on your career

Taking a break, whether it be an hour or a week vacation, helps your clear your mind and de-stress. We can’t be on constant career mode all the time. Our brains need some time to refresh. I’ve noticed that a lot of my great ideas about work come from when I’m not there stressing out about what ideas I need to come up with.

3. You need to do something for yourself

At the end of the day, the best reason to take a break is because you deserve it! You’ve been working hard and need a reward. Take a day t yourself to just relax at home doing what you like to do. Travel to somewhere you’ve always wanted to go. Women especially take on so much. Careers, family, plus helping everyone else. Do something for yourself. Trust me, you will thank you later.

Hopefully, this helps. I most likely made this post because I’m excited about my own upcoming breaks next week and in August. Summer is a great time to not be stressed with work, so don’t miss the opportunity to take some time to yourself!

Originally posted on According to Brittney