20 Times Jim Carrey As The Grinch Perfectly Described Everything About 2020

Because what describes quarantine life better than a character that spends their days alone with their dog, angry with the world around them?

317

"How The Grinch Stole Christmas" is hands down my favorite Christmas movie. While I always related to the Grinch's boredom eating, indecision over picking an outfit, and desire to be alone sometimes, the Grinch couldn't be any more relevant in 2020.

So, here's 20 times Jim Carrey as the Grinch totally explained everything about this crazy year.

1. 

media.giphy.com

If 2020 had a slogan, this would probably be it.

2.

media.giphy.com

Nothing like mourning the year we could of had if 2020 didn't decide to show up a little too "roaring".

3. 

media.giphy.com

Quarantine date nights with yourself hit different.

4.

media.giphy.com

Pretty sure we've all gone a little crazy from this year. At this point, insanity is just a part of our daily routine.

5. 

media.giphy.com

Fashion shows for yourself? C'mon, admit it. We all did it.

6. 

media.giphy.com

And since we had nowhere to go most of the time, our day-to-day outfits got a little, well...interesting.

7.

media.giphy.com

Is this year a fever dream? Unfortunately not.

8.

media.giphy.com

God after hearing us say that 2020 would be our year.

9. 

media.giphy.com

Walking into the grocery store and seeing someone without a mask on, or with one pulled over their chin, or one below their nose, and fighting the urge to turn into the Grinch right there in aisle four.

10.

media.giphy.com

The terrible realization that there will be more than 10 people at a gathering. Remember when hanging out in groups was safe?

11. 

media.giphy.com

Emotions became totally overbeaing.

12. 

media.giphy.com

I know we all resorted to telling ourselves jokes at some point. Like I said, I think we all became a little insane over the course of this year.

13.​

media.giphy.com

I'm sure we all wrestled with this question a little too often.

14.

media.giphy.com

Running through the events of this year like...

15. 

media.giphy.com

When someone asks what we've been up to, because, let's be honest, what do they expect us to say?

16.

media.giphy.com

Tears? I thought I stopped producing those in April, about the time I lost my sense of emotion?

17.

media.giphy.com

Our reactions anytime something else got canceled or postponed due to the virus, even though we knew it was for the best.

18.

media.giphy.com

How we all looked waking up every day to realize that we, in fact, had nowhere to go yet again.

19. 

media.giphy.com

Just like the Grinch and Max, my dog and I became closer than ever this year.

20. 

media.giphy.com

That beautiful moment when you realize 2021 is near, the vaccines have started to be distributed, and the end is in sight. Just a little while longer, everyone.

Until then, wear a mask, spread love, and stay safe!