To The Girl Settling For Someone Who Is Not Worth Her Time

We end up settling for someone, without the knowledge of us doing it.

26
Mercedes Benz / Vimeo

To The Girl Who's Settling For Someone Who's Not Worth Her Time,

Memories from past relationships always invade my mind at the worst times. I remember being the girl I used to swear I’d never become.

I never wanted to settle for a guy just because he was what I thought I deserved. Even though he put me through so much pain, I thought I couldn’t get any better than him.

I settled because he showed me this prince. He was my knight in shining armor our first few meetings.

But then things changed.

He changed.

I finally saw the real him.

He weighed me down by making me feel as though I was unable to follow myself.

Instead of leaving, I stayed. I stayed with someone not worth my time.

I thought I would be the one to change him.

I thought I could help him turn back into my savior.

I didn’t realize how I was hurting myself in the process.

The relationship will never go anywhere because a relationship with one person isn’t a thing.

A relationship is a two-way street which is something this individual doesn’t understand.

Just like any other girl who is in love, you wait it out to see if he’ll change.

I didn’t realize that settling for someone who wasn’t worth my time hurt me more than anything else.

He didn’t help me better myself, he never cared about what I had to endure, and not once was he there when I needed him.

He was a dead end.

But I didn’t realize how much I was settling until I left him.

I want to tell you this: if you believe you are settling for someone who is not worth your time, tears and love, listen to me and leave.

That person is doing more harm than good.

You deserve someone who will be there to make sure you are the best you that you can be.

You need to be able to spread your wings without the weight of them holding you back.

You have potential, don't settle for someone who doesn't see that.

Focus on yourself.

Go out and doing things for your benefit.

Don't end up resenting yourself because you settled.