The Five Stages You Go Through After Thanksgiving

The turkey has been carved, but the holiday is far from over

17
churchpop.com

So you've had your turkey, watched the parade, seen your favorite (and least favorite) family members. Now it is time to address the post-pie reality. Let's dig in...again.

1. You are more stuffed than the turkey

After weeks of cravings and excitement for your favorite Thanksgiving dishes, you cannot eat another bite. You've eaten turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, veggies, and let's not even talk about dessert. You know you want to take some food home but thinking about putting another forkful in your mouth makes you want to barf. Have Grandma make a doggie bag while you sleep it off.

2. LEFTOVERS

Okay, you've woken up from the nap and you are STARVING. You don't know how you ever thought you wouldn't want to eat more. Break open that Tupperware and slap some potatoes in the microwave, and eat a few cookies while you wait. Calories don't count on this special Thursday.

3. Two words: Black. Friday.

Some people absolutely hate it and save their shopping for cyber Monday. But on the other hand, there are people who have blue prints of each store they plan to go to and shortcuts to beat the traffic on the way there. There's got to be someone you know who could use this smart TV, right? I mean its 50% off - you need to get it. Whether you love shopping or hate it, no one can pass up a good deal.

4. LEFTOVERS... again

You get home from 10 straight hours of shopping and you need some sustenance. And the only food in the house is- you guessed it. Only this time around, you have to settle for the dark meat of the turkey even though you like white meat, there's no potatoes left, and the vegetables are all kind of mixed together. It was good while it lasted though, right?

5. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is the perfect day to put up the tree. Maybe you've already had your Christmas Pandora station playing, or maybe you've resisted until now. Either way it is officially acceptable to blast Mariah Carey like it's nobody's business. School break is just around the corner, so get ready to go through this cycle all over again... but this time it's with cheesy movies and presents.