The Last First Week Of School

The Last First Week Of School

Told by a real life nursing student.

16
The Last First Week Of School
personal

Going into a new semester is always rough. You get so used to the old semester and now you have to start all over again. You worry about where you're going to sit for the semester because let's face it, there may not be assigned seats but it's the principle that you don't sit in someone's seat.

Most of the time there are new teachers you haven't met so you don't know what their tests are like or their teaching style. There's all-new content to learn that you may know absolutely nothing about. In nursing school, you're supposed to be building on previous knowledge so hopefully, I'll know something at least. Especially with graduation right around the corner.

You write everything down in your planner from every class but that doesn't mean you end up following it for the entire semester and then your left wondering why you wasted your time but I know I will do it anyways.

You listen to the teachers go over their syllabuses even though it's usually all the same stuff other than the schedule which is what you already have written down. But then in nursing school when they say 'subject to change' it usually does change.

Syllabus week in nursing school doesn't exist, yes we go over the syllabus, but then we immediately start lecturing while the rest of my friends in different majors are bragging how they only attended class for 15 minutes.

It can be overwhelming when you discover all the things you will do this semester or when you find out you start clinical next week and need to prepare. Especially when the instructors tell you that you need to wear a different outfit this semester versus previous semesters so now you have to go shopping because you don't have what you need.

This is the last time for me though and I'm not sure that has fully settled in my mind just yet. Luckily in nursing school, all your friends will be there to help you figure out the next semester and if it wasn't for them and our amazing professors I probably wouldn't make it through.

Heres to the last semester!