'The Bold Type' Is Fierce And Empowering

'The Bold Type' Is The Most Fierce And Empowering Show Out Right Now

If you love fashion, lifestyle, feminism, and NYC...than this show is perfect for you!

17

If you haven't already started watching "The Bold Type", then you probably should get on that...like right now!

This show is about four daring and empowered women who are best friends, and work at the magazine, "Scarlet", together. The three young independent women, Jane, Kat, and Sutton, deal with life challenges such as identity issues, fighting for what they believe, office scandals, and more while taking over NYC. The show gives the audience a glimpse of what it is like working for a magazine that aims so strongly to empower women, and touches on multiple on-going, real-life crises happening today that are relatable to many.

So, why do I love "The Bold Type" you might ask?

I am currently studying Communication and Media as my major, with a minor in Media in Culture. I love to write about lifestyle, edit photos and videos, and it is my absolute dream to work in New York City (basically the entirety of the show). My goal is to work in a creative environment whether it is writing for a magazine like Jane, or become a social media director like Kat in the show. This show is a sneak peek of what I see for myself in the future; working in New York City with people I can eventually call my best friends, in a space that is so fast-paced and creative, yet demanding and intimidating. These women are strong, independent, and have the cutest sense of style. Maybe one day I can figure out how to actually dress myself, but in the meantime, I'm just going to keep continue watching.

Once I became more comfortable and confident with my writing, it became my goal to work for a magazine in the city. It has, and still is, my goal to take over NYC strutting down the street to my incredibly cute and aesthetically pleasing office where I do something I love every day. Maybe I'm dreaming too big, who knows.

The media has always played a huge role in my life, and is something I want to dive into more and more each day. "The Bold Type" is an actual representation of what I see for myself in my future, and what I have been working so hard for every day until I graduate from college and immerse myself into the real world. The real-life issues that it centers on is incredibly relatable to many, and shines a light on topics some shows may be scared of talking about.

It promotes a space of comfort, acceptance, and understanding to viewers who may deal with similar issues.

This show is daring- is promotes women being empowered and coming together to help out other women in need, and stand for something bigger than itself. This show is about strength- going after what you want or else you will never have it. This show is love- being there for your best friends through thick and thin, no matter the situation.

If you haven't already started "The Bold Type", you absolutely should!