The Best Parts Of Going Home As Told By A College Student

19

As much as you love your college, there are just some things that you experience at home that can't be replicated. So as you get ready to go home for a visit or a break, you get pretty excited about these things. Like they say, there’s no place like home.

1. You get to eat real food.

Campus food just isn't the same as a home-cooked meal. The opportunity for delicious food that will actually sit well in your stomach? Yes please.

2. You get to see your pets.

Let's be serious, half the battle of being away from home is how much you miss your pets. They are one of the hardest goodbyes every time you leave.

3. You finally get to sleep in your own bed.

Home is where your bed is, right? For some reason, no other bed is quite as comfortable.

4. Sleep. You can actually sleep.

There is no time to sleep at college, and there are far too many distractions. At home, it's much easier to crawl into your bed, curl up and fall asleep. The best part is that you can sleep guilt free; you don't have to worry about the things you should be doing.

5. You have time to catch up on your favorite TV shows.

It's so easy to get behind on your favorite series when you're caught up in homework and college stress. A trip home is the perfect time for binge-watching.

6. You bring home all your homework, but you're never actually going to do it.

Your backpack will definitely sit untouched until the day before you go back to school, at which point you may look at it with (very) limited regret, thinking of all the things you probably should have done.

7. You have the opportunity to do absolutely nothing.

Once in a while, we all need a little time when we can just relax and not stress about anything else going on.

8. But there's always something to do if you want to do something.

You can hang out with high school friends and do the things you used to love most, you can hang out with your family, or you can just take a drive around town and visit your old favorite spots. Of course, all of this might bring back some...

9. Nostalgia.

It's a little hard not to have memories flooding back when you're in the place you grew up in. While it can sometimes be sad and you might miss a thing or two, the nostalgia is ultimately a good thing, as it reminds you of how many great things have happened to you.

10. You get a break from campus.

No matter how much you love your college, we all need a change of scenery once in a while.

11. And of course, you get to spend quality time with your family.

At the end of the day, the best part of going home is seeing the people that love you unconditionally. Spending time with the people you love most is priceless.