Luke P. Shows What It Means to be a Toxic Boyfriend

We can all learn something through this season of The Bachelorette

87
glamour.com

This season of The Bachelorette consists of cute guys, a bachelorette who is not afraid of being true to herself, and most of all Luke P. Out of the countless attractive, kind, eligible bachelors this season, it is frustrating to see Hannah continue to keep Luke who clearly "is not there for the right reasons". As frustrating as it is for America to watch Hannah hand Luke a rose each week, it shows us just how easy it is for girls to fall for a guy they know is not good for them.

Luke P. has had his fair share of controversy this season. Between his aggressive behavior, manipulative lying, and inability to get along with the other bachelors, there is always something to be annoyed at him about. However, Luke P. is a great learning tool for young girls across America because, through his actions, they can learn to recognize the warning signs of what can develop into a toxic relationship.

Luke is always changing his story when he is around Hannah in order to make her feel bad for him; he has repeatedly thrown people under the bus by saying they have been bullying him. Hannah was a target on the last season of The Bachelor, so by claiming he is also being bullied, he knows he can have Hannah feel bad for him. He also constantly talks about his relationship with God in conversations with Hannah, which he knows is a very important factor in her life. His ability to say whatever Hannah wants to hear demonstrates how easily he can manipulate girls in relationships.

Luke P. is also always fighting with both the other bachelors and Hannah and additionally, has judged what she has done in other relationships. If Hannah recognizes that they are always fighting and that Luke has a temper, why does she continue to keep him each week? Hannah is falling for lust over love, which is something that many girls mistakenly fall for. She knows that she is attracted to him and that he always says what she wants to hear, so she ignores the major red flags in their relationship. However, this is dangerous for Hannah in her search for a husband because if she ultimately chooses him, they will have a very toxic marriage that will not last.

I hope that Hannah will come to realize that Luke P. is not husband material, and I also hope that young girls who are watching this learn what to look out for in guys to avoid becoming involved in an unhealthy relationship.