The Adventures Of The Stanley Cup

The Adventures Of The Stanley Cup

It has just begun its journey with the players, but where has it been since it left Nashville?

52
The Adventures Of The Stanley Cup
Business Insider

Now that it has settled in for all of us NHL fans: the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup. And to make it even better, their back-to-back victory brought even more excitement to the fans of Pittsburgh.

Back-to-back victories mean two parades, two rings and two chances to take the Stanley Cup wherever they want to take it.

As the Penguins players continue their celebration, many of them have spent their day with the Cup in their own, unique way.

The trip with the cup began in Nashville when the Penguins beat the Predators, winning the final series 4-2.

It made its way back to Pittsburgh in the Penguins' hands as they prepared for the fifth parade in the history of the franchise. And of course, captain Sidney Crosby got his chance with the his third Cup since being drafted as the first selection in 2005 draft by the Penguins.

The Stanley Cup made its way through Pittsburgh, landing in the hands of head coach Mike Sullivan and general manager Jim Rutherford. It even made its way to the Steelers' training camp.

Once it spent its time in Pittsburgh, the Cup made its way to Las Vegas for the 2017 NHL Awards and then to Chicago for the 2017 NHL Draft, where the Penguins acquired defenseman Zachary Lauzon with their 51st pick.

After taking a stop at the Chicago Fire Department, the Stanley Cup went back to Pittsburgh, where the players began their turns with their prize.

Chad Ruhwedel got his chance with the Cup in San Diego before it went back to Pittsburgh for the season ticket holders to take pictures with the hardware.

Once in Pittsburgh, Chris Kunitz and his family got their chance with the Stanley Cup. They had the "Breakfast of Champions" during their day with the Cup before Kunitz goes to the Tampa Bay Lightning for the next part of his career.

Equipment manager Dana Heinze got his chance with the Cup at a local radio station before it went they headed to M&M Lake and the grocery store with Bill Guerin.

Jake Guentzel took the Cup to Woodbury, Minn. following its expedition is the Steel City as they take to the links before the Keeper of the Cup takes it to British Columbia to meet with defenseman Justin Schultz.

Schultz spent his day with the Cup at a local children's hospital before the two refueled at a local Starbucks. The two finished out their day together with a trip to a vineyard, a ride on a boat and a family party before handing it off to teammate Carter Rowney.

Rowney returned to his hometown in Alberta with a champion's welcome as he rode through the streets of Sexsmith.

To keep following the Adventures of the Stanley Cup, follow Pritchard @keeperofthecup on Twitter.