The ABCs of Simpson College

The ABCs of Simpson College

The ABCs you will have to learn in order to fit in at Simpson College.

26
The ABCs of Simpson College

The best part about attending a small college is that you don't have to be super involved to be educated about your campus.

At Simpson College, we thrive on the word of mouth style of communication. All 1,400 students usually know what is going on, and if they don't, they do by the end of the week. Here is a list from A to Z that every student at Simpson should know, and if they don't ... Do they even go here?

A place everyone calls home.

It is our home away from home.

Broke, the way it makes every student that attends feel.

I think that anyone who attends a small private school can relate to this. In the end, though, we will know that our money was put to good use.

Class Size

This is the reason most students decided to attend Simpson. We love that we can have one-on-one help from our professors and that they can truly get to know each and every one of us.

The dirty D as in Detroit.

Where all the good stuff happens.

Everyone knows everyone’s business!

When on a campus as small as Simpson, it is impossible not to know what is going on in everyone's lives.

Fun because Simpson is so fun!

This may be a little bit of an exaggeration, but at some point in time, I’m sure every student has said Simpson is so fun.

Greek Life

Simpson's Greek community is much different from other schools. We makeup 22 percent of Simpson's campus and are highly involved on campus.

Hy-Chi

We all know this as our go-to Chinese restaurant in town. The only reason is because it is the only Chinese restaurant in town.

Indianola, Iowa (Indy)

The tiny little town that our lovely little school gets to call our college town.

Jay Simmons' Mustache

The unforgettable mustache that everyone knows.

Kresge v. Barker Rival

I may be biased, but Barker is the best. Many good things came from Barker, like Barker Babes and B206!

Lazy

Students at Simpson complain about having to walk across campus, even though it takes five minutes.

Marg Monday!

What would a Monday be without Margs and a buy one get one free deal at La Casa?

No one enjoys classes on fourth floor Wallace.

If anyone has had a class on the fourth floor of Wallace Hall, you can all relate to the 8 a.m. workout you will get in on your way to class. Unless you opt out and take the sketch elevator.

Outside Scoop!

A Simpson student’s favorite time of year is when Outside Scoop opens up! You haven’t lived til you have had the Lucky Charms flavor.

Phiefer

One word: brunch!

Quit

The one-word college students use on a daily basis. It is used in phrases like, “Can I quit yet and move home with my parents?”

Russ the Simpson Security Driver

The only man you can trust and rely on! The best DD to ever walk the face of the earth.

Simpson Success

I got out of bed this morning. #SimpsonSuccess

Thirsty Thursday

Mojos: $12 all you can drink wells, $10 all you can drink drafts!

Uh-oh, don’t be caught over sleeping.

Bad news: It can get really awkward being on a small campus. Chances are, you will most likely see the professor of the class you overslept for later in the day.

Good news: It only takes five minutes to get to class … two if you run!

Various options for study abroad.

We have eight semester-long abroad trips and 12 May term abroad trips. Many students study abroad during their time at Simpson.

Wasted Weekends

The only way to get through it.

E(X)s

The perks of a small school is seeing your ex all over campus.

Yell Like Hell!

One of the best Simpson College traditions to exist.

The Zoo

The bar, not the one with animals!