The ABC's Of The University Of Texas At Austin

An alphabetical guideline to understanding UT Austin.

195
Madelyn Reiter

All there is to know about the greatest school on Earth: The University of Texas.

A is for Austin.

From the iconic skyline, to the wild nightlife, to the beautiful outdoors, to the plentiful job opportunities. It's no wonder Austin has become such a growing and popular city. Us Longhorns are lucky to call this place home.

B is for Burnt Orange.

We wear it, bleed it and take pride in our color like it's no one's damn business.

C is for cannon.

Yup, you read that right. Everything is bigger in Texas. Including our spirit. Blasting our cannon, Smokey, is one of our many football traditions.

D is for Darrell K Royal Memorial

Nothing compares to the energy in this stadium on game days.

E is for the "Eyes of Texas"

The eyes of Texas are upon you 'till Gabriel blows his horn! Our school song makes the university sound like a cult, but it's catchy you know?

F is for the Forty Acres

A huge and beautiful campus. Nonetheless, running across it gets really tiring when you're trying not to be late to class. A true workout.

G is for guns.

With our new Campus Carry policy, at the age of 21, carrying a concealed weapon is permitted. What do you expect? It's Texas, we like our guns!

H is for Hook 'Em

Enough said. Hook 'Em Horns.

I is for intelligence

We're not at A&M for a reason.

J is for jamming

Austin is the live music capital of the world. From large music festivals to local bands playing at bars, Austin is sure to keep you entertained.

K is for Kevin Durant

The legend himself once played for the Horns.

L is for Longhorns

The best team the Big 12 conference has ever seen. Side note, let's all take a moment to appreciate the fact that we legitimately have a live longhorn, named Bevo, as our mascot. And yes, he attends all home games and most away games.

M is for Matthew McConaughey

Our most beloved alum.

N is for nature

Despite being a bustling city, Austin offers amazing outdoor scenery. From lakes, to great hiking spots, this beautiful city is sure to take your breath away.

O is for OU sucks

Our rivalry is the greatest in college football history.

P is for Perry–Castañeda Library

Where you will inevitably spend many sleepless hours cramming for finals.

Q is for queso

Queso, especially Kerbey Queso, is every students heaven on earth on a hungover Sunday morning.

R is for Red River Rivalry

Speaking of OU, see you October 14th for the showdown. May the best team win.

S is for Sixth Street

Proof that no one does “Thirsty Thursdays” quite like the Horns.

T is for Tower

The heart of our campus, and more importantly a great place for a photo-op.

U is for university

As a top public school in the nation, our education is of utmost importance.

V is for Vince Young

Another Texas Ex to brag about.

W is for "What Starts Here Changes The World"

The motto in which we live by.

X is for XL T-shirt

The only comfortable thing to wear in the Texas heat.

Y is for Yum

From food trucks to BBQ to Tex Mex, there's no chance you're leaving Austin without becoming the biggest foodie.

Z is for Zilker

A favorite spot to hangout after class.