The 5 Stages of Going To The Gym

The 5 Stages of Going To The Gym

The struggle is real.

49

Oh... the gym!

A love, hate relationship that everyone may relate to.

And when it comes to finding the motivation to go… The struggle is real.

This bittersweet bond pushes people to be their best self, but whether you hit the gym once or seven times a week, every now and then everyone goes through these five stages when you are finding the strength to go to the gym.

1. Pure Optimism

It is the day before your workout, and you have thoroughly convinced yourself that tomorrow is a new day! You are confident, motivated, and excited to exercise.

2. Quick Reconsideration

Do I really need to get out of bed? I'm so comfy, and I have so much work to do, too. I think I'll just stay here…

3. Forced Focus

You did not put your workout clothes on for nothing. You did not put your workout clothes on for nothing. You did not put your workout clothes on for nothing!

4. Sudden Intense Hype

"Yeah! I've got this. Yeah! Just one more mile," you think positively as "Yeah!" by Usher blares from your headphones and gives you the perseverance needed to complete your workout.

5. Shameless Self-Admiration

*Walks out of the gym, three minutes post-workout* I am the most fit human being. I can do anything I put my mind to. Reach for the stars, kids, and do not give up on your dreams. Good things come to those who wait.