The 2016 Presidential Election As Told By 'The Office'
Politics

Where politics meets Dunder-Mifflin.

39
Huffington Post

Alright, you fellow "The Office" fans. Our show may have ended a while ago, but it's still completely relevant in our every day lives. In fact, here's The Office as the 2016 presidential election.

1. Your Facebook feed.

Honestly, I love politics. I'm not the person to disregard them or vote for someone I don't know much about. However, I get on Facebook to like cute pictures of my cousins and laugh at funny things. I enjoy talking to people and keeping up with groups I follow. But my Facebook feed is Hillary, Hillary, Trump, boo Trump and boo Hillary with the occasional Pokemon thrown in there. And trust me when I say, I'd much rather everyone be talking about their latest Bulbasaur than arguing over an election we can't really change. So you can take your arguments...

2. When Donald Trump casually mentioned his father's small loan of a million dollars.

Not much to say about this, Michael Scott said it (and everything) best.

3. The third-party candidate.

I can't really keep up with Creed or the third-party candidate. Creed just kind of shows up out of nowhere sometimes, but I never really disliked him. I am rooting for the third-party candidate to do something great just like I was for Creed, and hopefully, they'll be at least half as patriotic as he is.

4. Trying to keep up with the Hillary email scandal.

Hearing the reports and comments on her dangerous email carelessness made me want to do just what Angela is doing, take some pills because that was a headache.

5. Listening to Trump speak.

Regardless of your political beliefs, I think we can all agree that Trump should maybe not say everything that comes to mind.

6. Trying to decide who to vote for.

This year's election more so comes down to who you view as the lesser of the two evils. I've spent so much time learning about the other party's candidate this year, simply because it's not a good idea to blindly vote, especially not this time around. In the past, it's been easier to decide based off of my political party. This year, I'm not so sure.

7. The people who you'd rather have elected than this year's candidates.

Kevin might not be the smartest, but I'm not sure about this year's candidates either. A vote for Kevin is a vote for America and cookies. A lot of cookies.

8. Accepting that you probably won't like the outcome of the election no matter what.

It seems like this year that there's really no good option. There's no guarantee what will happen after this. People have voted and made their choices, and those who voted otherwise aren't happy. But, it is what it is.