The 11 Stages Leading Up To Your Best Friend's Visit To Your School

You haven't seen them in at least a month, so how can you not be excited?

16

1. Absolute Excitement

The minute you find out one of your best friends is visiting you at school is one of the best feelings in the world. It makes it even better when they just happen to let you know they bought a plane or train ticket to come see you with absolutely no refunds. The only thing you’re possibly thinking of at this moment is how excited you are to see them in person.

2. Talking to your roommates about it 24/7

It doesn’t matter whether you live with one, three or five people, each and every single one of your roommates knows that your friend is coming. You update them on absolutely everything that happened with your friend over the summer and how they will have to behave when your home friend arrives. You don’t want them to scare them away.

3. Planning every minute of every day.

What can you possibly show your best friend? You’ve told them about all of your crazy stories while you’ve been away at college, so obviously you want to show them a good time. This leads to constantly thinking of places and events you will take them to since they definitely need to see where your crazy nights occur.

4. Telling everyone you see on campus until the day they arrive.

The next few days pass by as a blur, and you’re always in a good mood. For some reason this leads to you running into everyone you’ve ever met on campus. You’ll stop by and say hi, and then somehow squeeze in “Hey guess what! My friend from home is coming to visit. You need to meet them.”

5. Creating mental situations of what will happen when two worlds collide

It’s no secret that your home and college life are two very different worlds. You’re with different people and in a completely environment. This may lead you to become a little worried about how things will go down when your friend gets here. Will they fit in? Will everything be OK? It should be because you’re the thing they have in common.

6. Suffer from the "I won't believe it until I see it" syndrome

Sometimes you’ll even begin to doubt whether or not they are really coming. It’s been a few days since they’ve told you, and you are absolutely pumped. It seems so surreal (especially if they live in another country). For this reason, you just can’t believe they’re actually coming until you see them on campus. At that point you may even think you’re dreaming.

7. Counting down the minutes, hours and seconds until they arrive

Once the date comes closer, you’ll start to have an official countdown. It’ll start off with however many days are left until they arrive. Then, it will become a countdown of the hours, minutes and seconds left until you see each other.

8. Obsessively texting your friend about the hours and minutes until they arrive.

You already have the countdown set up, so how can they not be a part of it? You can’t be the only one counting down the days. You know that they are basically the only person as excited as you. For this reason, you obsessively text them about the time left until you physically see them.

9. Stressing over transportation and what you have to do to keep them entertained.

If you’re a freshman or a sophomore you can relate to the difficulty of not being allowed to have a car on campus.This means transportation will be a pain in the butt, because you have to rely on Ubers, taxis, and your school’s shuttle. It’s a pain in the butt. It’s even worse when you figure out they have to find a way to get from the airport (which is about an hour away from campus) to your school. Everything will be expensive and what if they get lost?

10. Stressing over how to manage friendship bonding time with class and homework time.

At this rate you’re already stressing about transportation so why not stress a little more? You start to think of everything else you’ll have to organize when they get here. For example, how the heck are you supposed to balance class and homework while spending time with them? The hours in a day are limited, and you can’t miss class. You also have to get all of the work done. Of course they’ll understand, but it’s going to be a pain having to figure out when you can actually entertain them.

11. Prancing around the day they finally come arrives.

Once you’re done with worrying and stressing yourself out, you can start to prance around again. Especially because the day they get here has finally arrived! Nothing can go wrong! Actually ... a lot can go wrong, but you don’t even want to focus on that because you know you’ll find a way to freak out. The point is that you’ll finally be able to see them and have the best time ever.