A Family Thanksgiving

A Family Thanksgiving

As told by Star Wars!

53
A Family Thanksgiving
mashable.com

Thanksgiving is this week and that means everyone is getting ready to spend a few days with family. Talking together, eating together, dealing with the political opinions of relatives that don't know when to keep their opinions to themselves. Yes, the holidays are a magical time! And in the spirit of family and togetherness- and the inevitable dysfunctional nature of having everyone gather in one small space- who better to help me describe these Holiday gatherings than the most dysfunctional family in the galaxy...

(Que the epic music in your head)

That's right, folks. I'm talking about the Star Wars family. Every Skywalker, Solo, Calrissian, 3PO, D2, and Kenobi I can think of. But not Binks! Never Binks!

Just sit back, relax, and breathe easy knowing you're definitely not alone when it comes to crazy families.

1. When you come downstairs in the morning hoping to avoid house guests only to discover all of them holding the coffee hostage.

2. When your Aunt catches you trying to sneak away and you're forced to come out of hiding to interact with people (and act happy about it).

3. The inevitable moment when someone makes a comment about your early morning appearance.

4. Attempting to cook the only thing you know how to cook and trying to look like you're not struggling.

(on the outside)

(on the inside)

5. Dealing with unwanted relationship questions like...

6. Finding out Dinner won't be ready for several hours!

7. Avoiding any and all political discussions with your family because you're vastly outnumbered.

8. Much like dealing with relationship questions, you end up dodging a lot of hard questions about life in general before the potatoes are even mashed.

9. When dinner is finally ready and you're called to the table!!

10. When your mom tries to tell embarrassing stories about you during dinner.

11. When someone makes a comment about how many plates you've had, but you don't care because everything's so good.

12. When you start to feel that turkey coma coming on but people are still trying to have conversations with you.

13. Your Mom is also way past done.

14. And don't even get me started on shopping on Black Friday with a hoard of family members.

15. But, they're your family. You laugh with them, you cry with them, and you love them. You know what they say, after all: Home is where the heart is!