Thanksgiving Is The Middle Child

Thanksgiving Is The Middle Child

Don't Forget About It

26
Thanksgiving Is The Middle Child
http://blog.tipntag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/thanksgiving-spread-feat-1175x620.png

Thanksgiving is that holiday that everyone seems to love, but they don't talk about much. Think about it, everyone is invested in Halloween costumes and candy, but after that they go straight to shopping for Christmas presents and dreaming of winter snow.

I am here to warn you, whatever you do, do not forget about Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is the middle child. Everyone seems to recognize older sibling, Halloween. For Halloween is the fun, life of the party sibling. There are songs written specifically for Halloween like, "Monster Mash." It is also favored for getting friends together for most likely, one of the wildest parties of the year. Let's face it, Halloween throws legendary parties. Not everyone likes Halloween, but they will give credit where it is due with things like, pumpkin carving and apple cider. But Halloween is nothing compared to the youngest sibling, Christmas.

As soon as Halloween is done being charitable, giving kids candy and taking care of your friends who had just too much fun last night, everyone goes looking for younger sibling, Christmas. I know from experience that the younger sibling can pretty much do anything. Christmas has more songs written about it, gives more to charity, has people going door to door to spread the spirit, and has you participating in some weird traditions. Who would normally go out and cut down a pine tree for your living room in the freezing cold? Also, Christmas has you buying gifts for people you only half like. An example of this would be my mom buying me stuff every year.

Christmas is manipulative and obviously working in advertising. Don't trust it.

So where does Thanksgiving come into play? It seems to me people love the time they get to spend with family and friends. Also, they aren't complaining about the feast Thanksgiving puts on. However, there isn't much being said. They appreciate Thanksgiving when the time comes, but they aren't going out to promote the event in any sort of way. Thanksgiving is forgotten, but remains humble. Sure, it has a parade entirely dedicated to it, but only kids seem to enjoy getting up to watch. Also, need I remind you that Christmas's Santa has to make an appearance at the end every year?

Thanksgiving may be humble and chill now. It feels thankful for the credit you do give and also give to others. But if you keep going into Christmas talk first, you better believe Thanksgiving is going to give you something to be thankful for. That's a threat, not a promise.