Last Odyssey Online Article

An Open Letter And Thank You To Odyssey — A Final Article

Thank you for being a college students outlet

50

Dear @theodysseyonline,

This won't be an easy article for me to write at all. I found you through Instagram, and led others to you. It was the little spark of interest that led me to being here. No, I'm not leaving college, nor did I decide I was done with making articles because it was anything against you. I'm heading into the next chapter of my life as I head into 2019 and this is something with the decision I've made myself to leave behind.

Have you ever heard of the "it's not you, it's me" saying? Well, that's basically what it is and how I'm feeling about typing out this article right now. I got out everything I've ever needed to say, and these deadlines are making me feel as if I need to force my writing in order to make everyone happy, and I never, EVER want to force anything if I don't want to do it. I never want to make my writing a chore, as I have in the past, and that's how I feel it's starting to be. This isn't because of you though, this is because I have gotten all I've wanted to speak out into the world as of now.

I feel like I'm going through some sort of break up, as silly as it sounds. It's sad that I made this decision, but I know it's the right one. You are the beginning to my future. As someone that wants to eventually create my own blog and have my own platform, for these past four months that I've been writing for you, you were my first voice. I couldn't thank you enough for being it. This isn't just me that probably feels this way either. This is probably for multiple people that you have changed the lives for as well and feel the exact same way. Whether they are still writing, whether they have graduated college by now, or are becoming a retired writer just like me.

I just wanted to say to you personally, a big thank you, Odyssey. Thank you to Odyssey for allowing people like me to share how I feel. Thank you, Odyssey, for being an outlet that has helped people discover what their purpose really is, and last but not least, thank you, Odyssey, for having people all around the country and even possibly the world connect and show what we all have to say. You've made such an impact that you don't even probably understand.

This community is a positive one that knows how to display their opinions in an amazing manner, and I've seen so many opinions, situations, stories, letters, and even more all through articles that I feel like I would never see unless I was here. Please keep this community going strong, and please keep letting college students share their voices in their own ways. I know it would mean the world to someone to find this community eventually and get to show their opinions and stories in the same way that I did.

I will never forget this opportunity, nor will I ever forget these articles. The older I get, I'll look back on these and smile at the times where I was able to get out everything and post it out of love and positivity. I'll remember the deadlines, I'll remember topics, I'll remember the sent back revisions, I'll remember when my first article hit over 100 views, I'll remember when my first article hit over 1000 views, the GroupMe discussions, the weekly emails, everything.. And I'll remember it all in a positive light.

So thank you for making an impact, Odyssey, and from your fellow writer, thank you for everything.

Sincerely,

A Retired Odyssey Article Writer