To My Built-In Bestfriend, Thank You

To My Built-In Bestfriend, Thank You

A thank you letter to my not-so-little brother.

81
To My Built-In Bestfriend, Thank You
Personal Photo

To my built-in best friend,

"Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast about them our whole lives long."

Thank you for always believing me in when I had no faith in myself. From the time you came into this world, you put me in a position to become a better version of myself. From forcing you to tag along as a sidekick to all of my shenanigans to watching you walk across the stage, you've shown me the true definition of friendship and love. No matter how tough times may be, you have shown me that you will never waiver.

Thank you for being you above all else. Though you are not the most talkative, you always know how to bring light into any room you enter. The moment you allowed me to hide you in a box full of teddy bears, I knew that you would take part in all of my fun, yet stupid decisions. The memories we have made are the ones that I treasure every day. You are me and I am you. I will always be thankful that God blessed me with a wonderful being like yourself. Though you may be younger, you have taught me more than you could ever know. From your kind soul to your exceptional work ethic, you managed to bring joy in some of my darkest moments.

To my kind-hearted, loving, and wonderful little brother,

Thank you for your unwavering loyalty and all the wonderful years of friendship. I will always be proud of the man you have become and will continue to be with you no matter what life brings us.

Love always,

Your Little Big Sister