A Thank You to My Totally Rad Aunt

A Thank You to My Totally Rad Aunt

To that exceedingly incredible aunt...

32
A Thank You to My Totally Rad Aunt
T. Kenyon

Dear Aunt _____,

Thank you, first of all, for being downright cool. When life gets too crazy, thanks for being my go-to person. My parents are cool and all, but you’re so easy to talk to. You don’t judge me or scold me, you sit and listen and give advice. Thanks for treating me like an adult, but also thanks for all the cuddles and hugs afterwards.

Thank you for always supporting me. You have never missed a ballet performance or a graduation or a birthday (or even that three hour, insanely cheesy play in tenth grade drama class lol). You are always there cheering me on from the front row. You are always ready and willing to help out wherever help is needed. Your dedication as an aunt in unfathomable. I cannot thank you enough for always being by my side.

Thank you for making me try new things. Who knew goat cheese could be so delicious?! Or that I can pull off flowy pants?! Thanks for constantly pushing me to explore life and to have fun while doing it. Without you in my life, I would still be eating Kraft singles and wearing plaid Bermuda shorts.

Speaking of plaid Bermuda shorts, thank you for being my shopping buddy when it comes to clothes. Shopping for clothes is a terrible, terrible chore, but with you, it’s so much fun! Your keen eye for fashion comes in handy when I try to match polka dots and zebra print. Also, your ability to spot a bargain from a mile away has probably saved me hundreds. But even better than a bargain is your totally rad closet. I love strutting around in your vintage clothes that you let me borrow. You’re the best fashionista I know.

Most importantly, thank you for always taking care of me. Whether it’s sending me food at school, calling to check up on me, or cuddling up and watching Disney movies together, I always feel so incredibly loved when I’m with you. Thank you for taking care of me through the break-ups, the friendship fights, the bad grades, the period cramps, the wardrobe fiascos, the head colds, the full-rack of ribs cravings, and just about everything else life can throw at a young woman. You’re the absolute best.

Thank you for always loving me unconditionally and abundantly.

All my love,

Your (*cough* favorite) niece.