A Letter To My Best Friend

A Letter To My Best Friend

Thanks for being you.

10
A Letter To My Best Friend

It's not always easy to tell people how much they mean to you, and because of that we often don't tell them. I want to thank you for allowing me to be myself, allowing me to feel like for once I didn't have to impress anyone. Since day one of our friendship I didn't feel intimidated into acting like anything I wasn't. I didn't have to perform because I knew nothing I did would make you have more affection for me. I have to say I haven't met someone like you before, someone who takes genuine interest in the interest of others. Someone who is open to almost anything, even if it is new or different. It isn't hard to find someone who is fun or interesting, but finding someone who makes ordinary things fun and interesting is hard to find. Creating almost a new lens to look at things and every situation bringing up some old joke that never fails to make us smile. Life isn't always easy but with a good friend it is easy to laugh at it all. It is important to find that friend that goes that extra mile to make up for things when they do something wrong, or a friend that puts you before their interest. Someone who wants to know about things you show them just because they are important to you. Questions following things said that don't seem to come from other people, showing you truly cared. Having someone who supports you and believes that you can do things you are honestly not sure at times you can do. Someone who you know would be willing to stay up late at night praying for you even though they don't understand what is going on with you. Thanks for being a distraction from all the things that used to haunt me before you came into my life. Thanks for the memories from the past and the memories that I hope to have in the future. Thanks for the ups and downs that I wouldn't rather have with anyone else. I would rather go through the bad with you than the good with someone who doesn't care about me. You never know someone cares till you hit the rocky water and you can never trust in a friendship that never sees its bad days. All that shows is that they are not scared to lose you, and don't care enough to make rash choice because of fear. You want a friendship that makes you scared when it could be lost because that means it matters.