To My BIG Family, Thank You.

To My BIG Family, Thank You.

Family gatherings are filled with an abundance of love.

66
To My BIG Family, Thank You.
Hannah Stamey

Growing up with a big family is just as great as it sounds. I mean, come on guys, imagine pot luck dinners? The memories we share are endless. It makes you feel like you have a ton of best friends.

The support I receive from my family is unbelievable. Between recitals and tournaments, the stands were always filled with homemade signs and flowers.

I get asked frequently why I spend so much time with my cousins and even grandparents. It’s not because I don’t have three seasons of "The Fosters" to catch up on or homework to finish. It’s because I enjoy it. I spend hours and hours a week with people that do nothing but lift me up. It teaches me so much and motivates me to do better each day.

On that note, thank you. Thank you to my big family.

Thank you to my grandparents for not only teaching me that love and God are the most important things but for showing an endless amount of support. “No” means “Just ask grandma” right?

Thank you to my parents for teaching me morals and self-respect. I mean, come on, how bad did you want to hurt me for missing curfew a thousand times because “I lost track of time." I’m sure batting my eyes and throwing the puppy lip made it all OK!

Thank you to the aunts, uncles and cousins that have taught me to stand out and be unique. I will never stop shining because of each and every one of you.

Being from a big family has taught me more than you want to read. I’ve learned that no matter how many times you scream “I hate you” after you realize your sister stole your shirt, she’ll always have your back.

No matter how many times your cousins throw water balloons on you (even after you’ve asked them thousands of times to just quit) you can always count on all 30 of them to keep you on your toes.

I am beyond blessed to have my crazy, loud, BIG family standing behind me in everything I do.