Ten Great Things About October (featuring Dogs)

October & Puppies, could a list get any better?

19

As the leaves change color and the air gets colder, fall finally begins to fill the streets of Bloomsburg. This month has so many amazing things to offer, from fashion to food to fun; October is my favorite month! But what is a list of favorites without some cute dogs?

Read on to see My Ten Favorite Things about October (featuring Cute Dogs!)

1. Pumpkin EVERYTHING

From Pumpkin Spiced Lattes to pumpkin pie, October is the pumpkin spokesperson. Need something fun to do this first weekend of October? Pumpkinpatchesandmore.org can be used to find fun fall activities near you, including pumpkin patches and hay rides!

2. Halloween Costumes

Even as an 'adult' I still enjoy dressing up for Halloween. This picture is definitely giving me some costume ideas for this year! (Only 27 more days to plan your costumes !)

3. Apple Picking

Every October, I make sure to go apple picking at least once. This time of year is perfect for warm apple dumplings and apple cider! Pickyourown.org has a list of picking locations in each state for all your picking needs this fall!

4. Carving Jack-O-Lanterns

This month, pumpkins are everywhere! Not only can you consume them, you can play with them too! Visit your local pumpkin patch and carve some silly faces into your pumpkin! (Save the pumpkin seeds and roast them for a yummy fall snack!)

5. Halloween Movies

Hocus Pocus, The Adams Family, Edward Scissorhands, A Nightmare on Elm Street... Need I say more?

6. Fall / Halloween Decorations

To me, there is nothing funnier than watching someone get spooked by some Halloween decorations. Fall decorations as a whole are just so cute! From door wreathes of red and orange leaves, to glittery pumpkin bookends, Fall decorating is a must!

7. The Temperature

This is the perfect time of year; it's not too hot and it's not too cold.

8. Fall Fashion

Although it's difficult to dress for the weather (refer to #7) , this is typically a favorite fashion season for many. Flannels, oversized sweaters, and scarves fill our closets once again and everyday becomes a fashion show.

9. Pet Halloween Costumes

Not only do we get to prance around in costumes, our pets get to as well! What is cuter than an adorable puppy in an adorable costume?

10. The leaves changing colors

This month in NEPA, the leaves finally have began to switch from there vibrant green hues to warm orange, red and yellow hues. This is the perfect time of year for outdoor selfies featuring the naturally colorful background provided by the great outdoors.