No, Netflix Didn't Romanticize Ted Bundy
Film

No, Netflix Didn't Romanticize Ted Bundy, They Just Showed How Easily Killers Can Hide In Plain Sight

Ted Bundy was a man capable of presenting himself in a charming, handsome manner. This, unfortunately, tricked women into thinking he was a good guy, and in turn, resulted in such a high number of victims.

77

There seems to have been controversy over the new Ted Bundy movie about whether or not the terrifying situations the victims were put in is being romanticized for the sake of entertainment. I completely believe that his character is not being romanticized, but the true Ted Bundy is being showcased in this film.

Ted Bundy was an American serial killer, who unfortunately had the charm to lure in any woman he wanted. He showcased himself as this great man, an attractive guy with great charm that any woman would be lucky to be with. He held an attitude that no woman was able to resist. This is exactly how it was so easy for him to find his next victim. Zac Efron's portrayal in the movie "Ted Bundy Tapes" is no romanticized version.

The only true way to showcase who a person was and how they were capable of doing what they did is to play them as they truly were. There were so many women who fell victim to Ted Bundy, all because of his ability to charm them into falling in love with him, and that is worth showing in this movie.

SEE ALSO: As A Young Woman In College, I Think It's Important To Admit Ted Bundy Is Hot

Also, I completely agree with everyone who has been saying that we should remember his victims in the wake of this movie release. They were their own people with their own future, and Ted Bundy thought he had the right to take that away. There is no way we should make this movie and not allow ourselves to remember them. However, this movie is important to make because of the awareness it will bring. Ted Bundy showcased him in a manner that made women come to him, and because of that, he was able to do what he did in a much larger fashion.

This movie should grab the attention of all women, so they can realize that serial killers are not always who you expect them to be. While you may think they look the part of a scary and terrible person, that is not always the case. Some people are not always who you think they are and that is something we all need to realize in order to help prevent the same things from happening to us.