TechGirlz La Salle TV Workshop

TechGirlz La Salle TV Workshop

A group of TechGirlz learned what it takes to put on a show in the La Salle TV Studio.

4
TechGirlz La Salle TV Workshop
Sam Mabin

TechGirlz is a non-profit organization who encourage young girls to get involved in science and technology careers. The organization aims to ultimately close the gender gap in science and engineering fields.

A few girls involved in the organization completed a hands-on workshop in La Salle University's TV studio earlier this month. They learned what goes into putting on a 'live-to-tape' show, which means there's no cutting or post-production editing. Segments for several La Salle TV programs were also filmed, starring some of the TechGirlz as on-air talent.

You can see this package and other representatives from TechGirlz discuss the organization on the latest episode of La Salle TV's Future Leaders in Philadelphia.