Taylor Swift Is Queen B (Breakups)

Taylor Swift Is Queen B (Breakups)

Band-aids don't fix bullet holes, but chocolate chip cookie dough can.

12
Taylor Swift Is Queen B (Breakups)
123rf

In no particular order, these songs and lyrics are expressions of your life because these are real things that do happen. T-Swift just does a bomb job of making fun songs to jam out in the car, or shower, or wherever! Because as all of us women know, breakups make you in a "whatever" kind of mood.

"Blank Space"

Let's start with,

'You look like my next mistake, Love's a game -- wanna play?'

Every girl has that guy that she knew from the beginning was never actually going to make it to dad, or maybe with some serious TLC/HGTV makeover- renovation, he would be decent, but eh, don't push it. And for some of us, its almost every guy was our "next mistake.' Regardless, we get to a point, and hence love becomes a game.

'Boys only want love if it's torture. Don't say I didn't, say, I didn't warn ya.'

Easily one of my favorite lines. Well, along with like 100 other verses. I think what really keeps this fresh in my head is the way guys think girls think. We're not stupid, and chances are we know more than we'll ever care to admit just to see how honest you'll be. If you date a girl for nearly two years and refuse to post/take pictures with her, it better be because you have no hair and aren't good enough to be in one. Tip for you ladies: if he is apologizing for the same thing more than once, kick him to the curb and get you a real man.

"I Knew You Were Trouble"

"I think--I think when it's all over,
It just comes back in flashes, you know?
It's like a kaleidoscope of memories.
It just all comes back. But he never does.
I think part of me knew the second I saw him that this would happen.
It's not really anything he said or anything he did,
It was the feeling that came along with it.
And the crazy thing is I don't know if I'm ever gonna feel that way again.
But I don't know if I should.
I knew his world moved too fast and burned too bright.
But I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?
Maybe he knew that when he saw me.
I guess I just lost my balance.
I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him.
It was losing me."

Now, I shouldn't have to do too much explaining here; she hits the nail on the head. Beautiful.

'I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that, And when I fell hard you took a step back Without me, without me, without me.'

There's this thing that our society has come up with, this rule so to speak where "Girls always go for the bad guys, the good guys never win." Now, with me that's true to 150 percent (I just got lucky and know how to pick them--or not pick them), but not every girl goes for the self-absorbed idiot. However, when they do go for him, they fall hard. And nine times out of 10, the guy I'm talking about isn't looking to level up with you on feelings. Why would he? That would be way too easy.

"Bad Blood"

Although this song was originally written to pour out her loathing of Katy Perry, I can turn it -- and really anything -- into a marvelous example of why our exes are constantly burning bridges with us.

'Did you have to hit me where I'm weak? Baby, I couldn't breathe, And rub it in so deep. Salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me.'

This one was more so personal (haha as if all of these didn't come from first-hand experiences), but the deepest cut I ever felt was when he tells you, "Oh by the way I don't love you, never did, and there's someone else." You're thinking "Damn, thats rough. How do you even respond to that?" Well, it's not fun and it sure isn't easy, but you know that first week or two after a bad breakup when you binge-eat ice cream, watch sappy movies, annoy the hell out of your best friends, and you also feel like you have the anger/strength of a Siberian tiger and could maul anyone who pisses you off? Yeah, that feeling is what sets it up, and from there on you just take the hotheaded broken-hearted girl and turn into a smashing young woman who looks 10 times better than she did months ago when she thought her world was falling beneath her.

I could go on for hours about my feelings on the idiocy of men and their whirlwind spins on ideals of "dating and treating women right." I am really a huge Taylor Swift fan and her songs are on my breakup playlist, and they should move over to yours! I hope you all enjoyed this article, and to any men out there still reading: I'm impressed. Snaps for you and here's my tip to you:

If you are trying to talk to her sorority sister too, good luck, because they both know and are laughing about it.