Tattoos Shouldn’t be Discriminated Against

6

Tattoos are a permanent way to have anything you desire on your body. I personally love the look of a professional tattoo. It is a great way to express yourself, your past, and even your future. There are more than enough tattoos out there. A variety of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I have two tattoos. I got both of them on my 18th birthday this February. I told myself I would only get something that had a lot of meaning to it. If it wasn't very special, it won't become a permanent piece of my body.

This is the first one. It's a quote from my late grandmother. She was a huge part of my life.

This is the St. Louis skyline. It's not perfect, but it's cute. I was born in St. Louis, Missouri, but I was raised in Oklahoma. It's still a piece of me.

I love tattoos. You hear a lot about employers thinking tattoos are unprofessional. Now, some trashy tattoos could be understandable, but those people covered in tattoos should be taken seriously. They shouldn't be discriminated against.

People should be able to express themselves however, without it being counted against them. If they have the skills to pay the bills they shouldn't worry about what's a piece of them. You should never have to conform to another person's standards. You are your own person. Don't let someone else's "normal" be forced upon you.

It's 2019. You shouldn't be discriminated by your looks. Assumptions shouldn't be made by the amount of tattoos that are on your body, your hair, piercings, etc. Unless someone is just a horrible person, they should never be judged on the way the look. Everyone is unique, as cliche as it may sound.

In the end, tattoos are a beautiful form of body art. They are not only unique, they're beautiful. I hope to get a couple more tattoos soon. I shouldn't have to worry about getting a job if I get them.