Take Me On Home

Take Me On Home

Roll Tide.

14
Take Me On Home
sportingnews.com

There's no place like home they say. Well, at least in "The Wizard of Oz."

Well for me my last three years I have built thee University of Alabama into a place I call home. I could never imagine choosing any other school to call my home because once you have gone there I don't think I could ever call somewhere like that home.

As I go into my senior year and start deciding what to do next, whether it will be graduate school or studying for the LSAT and pursuing law school, I know I want to have this school as an option for me. Alabama has developed me into the person I am and has given me many of my lifetime friends that I know I will have for a long time.

So, I want to say thank you for all the professors that have taken their time to patiently wait for me to develop into the writer I decided to become. Thank you Delta Zeta for giving me the best sorority family I could ask for as well as the best pledge class sisters a girl could ask for. Thank you also for giving me, a sports journalist, the best coach — Nick Saban — to watch all throughout college.

I can truly say that I have changed over the past three years at this school. I have seen what I like and don't like about me. I have seen me through my best and worst and my true friends have stuck by side no matter what I was doing. Fair weathered friends come and go but the ones that stick by your side while you are still trying to figure out who you are, well those are the real ones.

Some people leave college not quite finding who they are and who they want to become but a lot of people also become successful with the right mentors and professors helping with guiding their students.

This school will always be home and who knows ... they may be stuck with me for one more year after. Roll tide roll tide.