Syllabus Week Explained by Stranger Things

Summer is officially over

49
theverge

Summer is a three month period in which free-spirited individuals can frolic through life with no care in the world. However, this escape is soon cut short by the dread of the oncoming school year. Before we know it, we are seated in another lecture hall listening to a monotoned teacher drone on about who-knows-what while we slip into a trance where we question all our life choices that have brought us back to this place. If only we cared less and failed out, then we wouldn't need to be here again. Yet we are, and we must muster the strength to get through this 50 minute lecture on how you can't multiply two variables together because if you do the world will surely explode. It is in these extreme circumstances where I recall parts of the Netflix original series Stranger Things and find how they describe this first week of school perfectly. This article shows a few of the instances in which Stranger Things describes how terrible syllabus week really is.

Syllabus week is also all about meeting the teacher. This entails being the kindest, most adorable person ever to hopefully inspire mercy through the rest of the semester.

There are also those teachers who decide that taking notes on the first day is a good idea. Meanwhile, all us students are sitting there as the information goes straight over our heads.

Teachers who tell us we can't eat in class are the bane of our existence.

Some teachers love to give you so much information on the first day that it literally gives you a brain aneurism.

And everything on the board is complete gibberish.

This all adds up to a week that makes you go straight for the comfort food.

Basically we all just need a big hug after this week.