Summer Thunderstorms

5 Reasons You Should Stop Watching the Summer Rain From Your Window

Another friendly reminder to just get outside

237

If you are like me when you think of summer, the first thing that comes to mind is that green grass, bright sand, blue sky, and dazzling yellow sun. There is no doubt that each of us in our own way looks forward to those endless evenings and warm breezes. I think we all crave that exhilarating feeling when the sun is still warming your skin at 8 PM.

Despite the thrill of those carefree days and languid summer nights, thinking about summer without embracing the magnificence of those towering clouds, rumbling thunder, and roaring downpours of rain sacrifices the gift that exists for each of us. The gift that comes yearly between that first brilliant sunrise in June and that last golden sunset in September.

When I say rain, I really mean that crashing crescendo of natural fury that only a thunderstorm can bring. A display of power that brightens the sky with lighting and refreshes us with the sense of quiet that those raindrops bring. The sheer exhilaration that comes with the soothing sound of rain hitting the earth and everything on it is breathtaking. I like my summer sunshine, but summer storms? I'll never miss one. Here are five reasons why you shouldn't miss them either:

1. Petrichor

i.pinimg.com

Not familiar with the word? I'll give you a hint. It's that earthy scent that arises from the ground after a nice, long rain shower. That smell hitting you, that my friend is the beautiful smell of rain.

2. That stick feeling of humidity goes away...aka NO sweating!

d2m3klzcmjgreb.cloudfront.net

Warm weather is great and all...but summer humidity? It gets old pretty quick. Next time you need a cool-off, just run barefoot into the grass while the rain cools down the Earth. You'll feel pretty good too I bet.

3. You may just get that romantic, rainy kiss

images.gr-assets.com

Nothing gets those butterflies churning more than thinking about a kiss in the pouring rain. But if you are stuck inside while it comes down, when are you ever going to get the chance?? Next time you think it's going to rain, grab your summer love and run outside. You're welcome.

4. Peaceful surroundings

support.snosites.com

When the clouds let go, we tend to run inside. I dare you next time it rains, walk outside into it. Stand there and soak it in. You may be surprised how calming the world is.

5. It’s a friendly reminder you are ALIVE

78.media.tumblr.com

Sun feels good on our skin. What about about rain? What about the soothing, repetitive motion of those thunderclouds rolling and that water touching our skin? Hello!? Each of the moments we spend, we spend in a full blown miracle. Let's appreciate Earth for all that it gives us.