Summer Skincare Needs For The Girl Who Struggles With Oily Skin

Don't struggle this summer by looking like you just finished an intense workout! Instead, tackle your oily skin with these amazing skin care products that you need to incorporate into your skin care routine.

403
Unsplash

The summertime is ALL about glowing up. Glowing up physically, mentally, emotionally, and even glowing up in your skincare routine. But what happens when your glowy skin is actually just sweat and oil built up on your face?

For those who have oily skin, the summer is sometimes THE WORST time to show off make-up looks or even just your natural skin, because it looks like you just finished an intense cardio workout.

As someone who struggles with oily skin, it's hard to keep my makeup in place without it moving or shifting, and sometimes the build-up of oil on my face can cause breakouts. If we're supposed to be showing off this summer, who wants to show off pimples, blackheads, or zits??? No one!!

My skin hasn't always been clear and finding a solid skincare routine has always been hard due to some products making my skin oily or shiny. HOWEVER, I think I have found some holy grail products that will benefit your skin this summer if you're one of the many who struggles with oily skin!

I'll be taking you through my year-round skincare routine products that I think will benefit anyone with oily skin!

Stay Tuned!

1. Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap

Price: $15.00, Target

This soap has been a LIFESAVER!!! It's a multipurpose soap, which means you can use it on your skin, hair, and body. It's certified fair trade, which means it's made with natural and organic oils and products that won't cause any damage to your skin or put in harsh chemicals in your skin, as well!

All it takes is a couple of drops, because it's a concentrated soap, a few drops of water, and you can wash your face and feel the difference within days. I personally like to use the Peppermint or Tea Tree Oil castile soap because both ingredients are beneficial to the skin!

2. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water

Price: $6.99, Target

Another all-in-1 cleanser! Micellar water is powerful, yet gentle to the skin. It effectively removes makeup, cleanses, and refreshes the skin with Micellar technology. Micelles capture and lift away dirt, oil, and makeup without harsh rubbing, leaving the skin feeling clean, hydrated, and refreshed without over-drying.

I use this product right after I wash my face for an extra clean, or sometimes I will use it if I am on the go and I don't have time to wash my face.

3. Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Price: $10.00, Target

Toner is an essential part of your skincare routine after washing your face because it brings back the balance to your skin while removing all impurities and excess toxins, as well as closing your pores. This product is perfect for sensitive, oily skin and will also have your face feeling refreshed!

This rose petal witch hazel, however, has a light, fragrant smell to it, does not cause any burning and will leave your skin glowing. Rose petal is good for anti-inflammatory issues, such as acne, irritation, dermatitis, and even eczema!

4. Aloe Vera Gel

Price: $1.00-2.00, Walmart

Aloe vera gel is a good, cheap product for your skin! Aloe vera also aids in anti-inflammatory for acne, scarring, and irritation. I use aloe vera gel after I have used my toner, and this is to set my face, right along with my rosehip oil and vitamin C oil!

5. Rosehip Oil

Price: $8.00, Target

Now, I know what you're thinking...why use an oil on my face when my skin is already oily?? Don't judge! Rosehip oil is very beneficial to the skin AND it's a lightweight oil that will bring moisture, instead of an oil buildup to your skin.

Rosehip oil is good for spots, wrinkles, and discoloration. Discoloration and spots can come from acne scarring and sometimes even allergies if you tend to have darkness under your eyes. I, typically, take 2-3 drops of my rosehip oil, mix it with my aloe vera gel, and gently rub it throughout my skin!

* * *

If you use these products, and in this order, not only will you start to see a difference in how your skin glows, but you will also see that this routine will not cause any excess oil buildup that may cause you some insecurities as you're tackling your summer plans.

The summer is all about glowing and growing, baby!!! You won't regret using these amazing products!

Peace + Love