The Pros and Cons of Taking Summer Classes

The Pros and Cons Of Taking Summer Classes

As summer is approaching everyone is prepared to not have class, but summer classes aren't as bad as you may think.

Cassidy
Cassidy
191

Over my three years in college, I have taken at least one class each summer. I have done this because I feel summer classes really help me succeed more throughout the school year and lessen my stress throughout the whole year. A lot of people take summer classes so don't feel embarrassed if you have to take classes over the summer. Summer class will really help you out in the long run.

The biggest pro about summer classes is that the class sizes are typically a lot smaller. This can help a lot because it really gives you a lot more time to connect with the professors. One of the things I usually do is that I take the classes that I know will be more difficult over the summer. It gives you more time to focus specifically on just that one class, and you won't be having to stress as much about time management with other classes that you are taking.

This being said a con of taking summer classes is not being able to have an entire free schedule over the summer. This can sometimes impact if you are able to also work at a summer job, or it can impact not being able to go back home over the summer. If this is something that you worry about you can always look into taking a class online so you will be able to take the class anywhere. The only negative aspect of taking online classes though is that you have to be extremely good at time management, otherwise you may not do so well in the class.

Overall summer classes are great for some people, and not so great for others. I feel like they really do help me though, and if you are on the edge about taking one, I would say try it out and see how you like it.