Is It Acceptable To Own Stuffed Animals When You're 21?

Asking for a friend.

107

I've always had way too many stuffed animals. From a young age, my parents would buy me stuffed animals for almost every occasion. I'm not sure if that's because my mom was living vicariously through me (she loves stuffed animals) or if that's because I always asked for them. Either way, I grew to love stuffed animals with a burning passion.

Now I'm 21 and I still own a bunch of stuffed animals. I've grown so attached to the ones I received when I was a child that I can't bear to let them go, and for some reason I keep buying more.

So I just have to ask: is it acceptable to own stuffed animals when you're 21?

After all, it seems somewhat weird that I'm old enough to go to bars but will still end up coming back to a room with stuffed animals at the end of the day.

And if I haven't grown out of stuffed animals at this point, will I ever?

I'm not sure if this is a position others find themselves in at 21. While I like to think having a few stuffed animals isn't weird, I can't help but wonder if it actually is.

My mom keeps saying I'll grow out of it one day, but I think she might be wrong about that one. It's nice to be able to hold on to the little bit of childhood naivety that I have left. I guess I'll just keep loving my stuffed animals until someone tells me to get rid of them (which I probably won't do anyway).