Six April Favorites/Essentials

Even though I was able to save a LOT of money in April with all my hobby (read: non-essential businesses) being closed, there inner consumer in me still had to treat myself to these few items to help time move faster while sheltering-in-place.

YesTo Mask

i.ytimg.com

My skin has been a hot mess during quarantine, specifically in the last month. Even though I'm yet to find the cause, I impulsively purchased this and I was found that it was able to provide a bit of clarity to my skin - especially in my t-zone, as I wait for the acne to fade.

Candle

I've read a candle hack that can help with work-life balance. Everyday, when starting your work day, light a candle, then blow it out at 5 or whever your day ends as a ritual to mark the end of day - which can alter your mindset. While I don't personally use this hack, and leave my candles burning all day long I still find that they help me relax and bring a sense of hygge into my home.

Spring/Summer Dress

live.staticflickr.com

Another impulse buy, and a needless one at that, given that I'm not sure the next time I will have a reason to dress up to go out...but this cheap buy makes me hopeful and excited for not only the warmer weather, but also makes me look forward to the days I can wear it out!

Chess

upload.wikimedia.org

Even though I've lost about 30 games to my two wins against my boyfriend, who I am sheltering-in-place with, this game is a still a good way to pass time (fun is used relatively here). If anything, at the end of quarantine, I can come out a better chess player and logical thinker.

Soon App

www.soonforever.co

I've done a seperate article on apps that are helping me kill time and stay productive during quaratine, but I more-recently discovered this one as well! On this app, the user can make lists of games to play, movies to watch, shows & podcasts to listen to, books to read...but also, resturants, places, bars, cafes, & stores to go! My post-quarantine bucket list is filling up as we speak!

Little Fires Everywhere

img1.hulu.com

I have binged nine shows since quarantine started, but this for sure has been my favorite. So much so, that I needed to know how it ended and sped-read the book between episodes. Available with a Hulu subscription, this show is amazing, and (in my opinion) preferable to the book! Which I never say... so take my word for it!

If you've already read & watched it and need more female/Reese Witherspoon lead mystery, as I did, Big Little Lies gets an honorable mention too! I had the book laying around, as was watching the show alongside reading it.