Show Me Someone Who Thinks An Easy A Exists In College And I'll Show You A Liar

There's no such thing as an easy A, and there's no one way to study for a test.

67

College is hard. If you didn't know that before, now you know. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a fact.

There is no such thing as an "easy A" in college. There are courses that require less work and effort than others, but each course requires some type of effort. Each course will give you a panic attack when you think that you're not doing well enough, or the workload is so overwhelming at one point.

With every course in college, you are going to need put in time outside of the classroom to do well and pass. That is a fact, and people who disagree with me should show you their GPAs, because a GPA is a decent indicator of how much effort someone puts into a class.

I say decent for a multitude reasons, but you can generally tell who puts in effort into their classes based on what grades they got in those classes, and or how many times they took those courses. Now, some courses are just so hard that people feel like it's the professor's intention to fail them. That's why I say that GPA is a decent indicator because I know for a fact there are upper-level STEM courses at Delaware that everyone dreads taking for their respective major because it's almost an automatic F.

No matter how hard these people work, the course is just so impossible to pass regardless. However, that is an exception to the rule. Usually, effort is a great indicator of someone's grade.

In order to get an A in any class, you need to put the effort and you need to study your butt off. You need to study and be confident in the material. There is just a lot of information that could be on a test and times that by the amount of classes you're taking, that's a lot to remember. You need to study and be able to apply that knowledge in order to do well in college.

The thing is, studying is hard. It's not easy by any means, and it is something that I still struggle with on a daily basis. To me studying can be mind-numbing and boring, so I get distracted really easily when studying sometimes. Trust me, I know it's such a bad habit.

In college, studying is really hard because it requires dedication and devotion to the material. It requires silence and it requires pure focus. That is something that I can't do, I know I need it do well, but I don't like silence.

Since I need to study a lot this semester, it's the reason why I am in an exclusive relationship with the library. Also known as Morris to me, or "Club Morris" on campus. Yeah, I need to be around other focused people, so I feel bad for not being focused when I get distracted.

It's bound to happen, and as I've written this article in the library, I have gotten distracted a numerous amount of times. As well as the fact that I just want to hang out with my friends all of the time, but can't because I need to do well in school.

Studying is hard for other reasons as well. When you study, you can't cram for a test. It's bad, and you need to find the perfect balance of challenging yourself without over-exerting yourself. When you over-exert yourself, you will get exhausted and you will burnout. That will lead to you not performing well on test, and nobody wants that.

Instead of just complaining about studying, I want to end this article with a solution. In order to get that A in the class, no matter how easy it may be, repetition and practice are key. The more you study the material, the more you will understand it.

Test yourself, find new ways to study, and take practice tests. Repeat learning the knowledge, but in different shades and in different waves. Don't do flashcards over and over again for the same exact test, do a mixture of things. That's how you will do well in college and get that A that most of us desire for.