Studying For Finals Made Simple

Studying For Finals Made Simple

As finals approach, the stress meters of thousands of students are way past high.

94
Studying For Finals Made Simple
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/30/636606561053829407169498304_study-stuff.jpg

Every college student across the country wants to scream hello spring. However, the closest thing we can get to enjoying spring happens to be sitting outside on the campus lawn studying because – HELLO FINALS. Yes, the infamous exams that are the finale of our school year are rapidly approaching. Us college students are daydreaming about summer vacation, but stressing out over our study guides and other numerous deadlines. The stress terrible, but like my mother always tells me in stressful situations, “Just breathe.”

If you’re reading this, I can assume that you have no clue who I am. However, I can reassure you that it’ll be over before you know it. Once it is over, you’ll be free for the summer. As you are reading this I know what you thinking, “It’s crunch time, there is no time for summer daydreams.” Once again, I am in the same boat you are, and while there is no time for summer daydreams there is time for studying. To grantee you an A, here is a well planned out, concise list of everything you need in order to study to your full potential.

1. Know your finals schedule

There’s nothing worse than being scatterbrained over not knowing what to study first and for how long. Write your schedule down in a place where you are going to see it often. Memorize it. Live by it.

2. Study in the ways that you know will improve you

In college friends constantly surround you. Which is great! But not everyone can study in groups. From personal experience, I usually love studying with my friends, but in high stress situations I rather study by myself. I just feel more focused. It’s all about studying in the way that will most improve you.

3. Study in advance

For me personally, I start studying two weeks in advance. I know this may seem like a lot, but it really does help calm my nerves during the week of finals, making me more prepared. I also realized it’s a good idea to just familiarize yourself with the material. That way, when you really start cracking down on studying, you’ll have a better understanding on the material.

4. Go to tutoring sessions

My school hosts drop in tutoring sessions. I’m pretty positive others schools will host them, or at least something similar. Make them fit into your schedule! It will definitely help

5. Go to stress-relieving events

Many schools host events that relive stress. A popular one at my school and on that I am noticing become a trend is, events that involve petting dogs. Yes! You heard me right! Check the flyers around your campus or ask around to see if your school is hosting events similar. Your mind will most certainly thank you for the relief

6. Organize your study space

Personalize your study space to fit your exact needs. Make sure you have enough room to have your notes neatly spread out. Make sure you have the best lighting possible, along with making sure your chair is comfortable. Steer clear of any distractions, such as games or social media. Put in some headphones and let the music help you concentrate, or be in complete silence. When looking through notes, use highlighters to outline what you have to know, or what you’re having issues learning.

As finals approach, the stress meters of thousands of students are way past high. Studying may not be the most entertaining past time, but it’s bound to bring in those A’s. Studying is something that must be taken seriously, so make sure to keep this list in mind when hitting the books!