The 7 Stages Of Studying In Gorgas Library, Illustrated By 'Insecure'

Giving you seven relatable stages that everyone goes through when hitting up Gorgas Library.

681
HBO

OK, so there's a battle between studying in your room and studying at the Gorgas Library. When you're in your room, you can light a candle, play your favorite Pandora station softly, get nice and comfy, all in the comfort of your room! Whereas studying in Gorgas, you've somehow convinced yourself that its THE optimal place for you to study and focus on your work... WRONG! OK, maybe you can focus a little...

However, if you choose to study in Gorgas, I can guarantee you, you will go through these different stages of studying in the most popular University of Alabama library (sorry, Rodgers), brought to you by .GIFs from "Insecure."

Stage #1: The Pep Talk

You've been in class ALL day, but you still have to hit the library to study and do homework for your classes. You've decided to go to Gorgas, but being in bed and taking a nap sounds SO much better. When you have hella things to do, you gotta give yourself THE PEP TALK.

Self to Self: You can do this. Just go to Gorgas for a couple of hours and then you can come back and take a nap. You are NOT going to fail Biology for the fifth time, get it together!

Hyping yourself up just to go to the library is a homework assignment in itself.

Stage #2: The Departure

OK, now that you've given yourself a thorough pep talk...it's time to go! As much as you don't want to go, you're getting yourself excited, blasting your favorite song, you pull up to the Gorgas parking lot (after 5 pm so you can secure a spot in the front, duh) but DOOM...

Stage #3: The Arrival (Securing A Parking Spot)

You search ENDLESSLY for a park that's close to the library whether its in the front, on the side of the library, by Rowand-Johnson Hall, but dear GOD don't end up parking in the Ten Hoor Parking Deck...you might as well go to the Bruno Business Library (no shade, no shade)!!!

Where are all the parks...?

Stage #4: Trying to Secure the ULTIMATE Bag

If you thought finding the perfect parking spot was securing the bag... think AGAIN!!! You know you've secured the bag when you've actually found somewhere comfortable and great to study (Don't let it be finals season, it's a mess...). If you're looking to study somewhere where you can talk a little bit, I would suggest floors 1 or 2, but if you need DEAD silence, hit up floor 4M fam!

One thing you will realize is that no matter what time you choose to get to the library, the tables will always be full. Having a table or a large desk is a necessity because where else are you supposed to put your laptop, books, coffee, energy drinks, food, AND quite possibly your head when you need that little 10-15 minute power nap???

Stage #5: Let's Get Down To Business

So you've secured the parking spot, you've secured a good studying space...now it's time to get to work! WRONG AGAINNN!!!! You forgot to get your coffee...get it together sis! You head over to Java city to order a grande white mocha and as you swipe your ACT Card, your dining dollars are screaming...

But thank GOD the transaction went through!!! (Honestly, no one truly knows the balance of their dining dollars until they're down to their last)

OK... NOW you're ready to get down to business and start studying. GOOD LUCK!!!

Stage #6: "10 Hours Later..."

You've been consumed with studying for the past God knows how many hours. It feels like FOREVER, but I think you've had a successful night of studying in Gorgas, which is rare for you because you STAY getting distracted by everything little thing, but you know what...

Stage #7: The Aftermath

After that long night of studying, contemplating life and dropping out, and chugging coffee... it's finally time to clock out for the night and go home, get some sleep, and possibly repeat the same routine over again tomorrow.

Gorgas Library has gotten hundreds, if not thousands, of students through tears, studying, and the completion of their college years.

In the words of Issa Rae:

and that you have! From living your best life to studying and JUST DOING YOU, you've been doing college right, with some help from Gorgas of course.

Don't forget to look in the mirror, smile...

and tell yourself...