I may be a little bit biased by having a double major in Business and Spanish, but learning a different language has seriously impacted my life. It may be difficult at first, but I recommend that people try it. If people learned more languages, society may be more diverse and emotionally intelligent within various cultures.
Learning Spanish within my higher education is one of the best decisions in my life. I'm not saying that everyone has to change their major right now or start taking random classes in Japanese or Russian, but maybe watch a documentary or movie on Netflix in a different language with subtitles in English (which is my native language, so people can do this with whatever their native language is).
I get excited to go to my Spanish class because learning about the different societies, geography, heritage, foods, traditions, etc. is absolutely intriguing. I actually started with a Spanish minor and transferred to have Spanish as my dual major, because I am so passionate about it. Even media and slang is interesting to learn about all around the world.
Each person in the United States and outside of it has beautiful perspectives on life that maybe you can learn from or experience. Learning a second language isn't only useful, but it teaches you about yourself and brings you into profound ideas and thoughts you may never think that you would have.
Don't judge anyone who is from another country or doesn't speak your language. They have value to you and you should get to know them! Learn about how they have lived life differently than you have. All of the people in the countries and places on this earth all live this wonderful life, but they do it in many, many ways.
- 11 Reasons You Should Learn ASL ›
- 5 FANTASTIC Apps To Make Language Learning Easier ›
- keys to learn a second language ›
- Why Learning Languages Is Cool ›
- Learn languages: Spanish, French, German and start for free - busuu ›
- The 7 Best Free Language Learning Apps of 2019 ›
- How to learn a new language (in 15-minute a day installments) ›
- italki: Learn a language online ›
- Duolingo: Learn Languages Free - Apps on Google Play ›
- 49 Free Language Learning Websites That Are Almost Too Good to ... ›
- How To Learn A Language In 15 Minutes Per Day ›
- Official Rosetta Stone® - Language Learning - Learn a Language ›
- Learn a Language | Free Online Language Learning ›
- Duolingo: Learn Spanish, French and other languages for free ›