21 Struggles Girls Who Wear Glasses Know

Eyelashes. All the eyelashes.

338
Carla Angel Petts

Wearing glasses is a difficult life that so many people live each year. Luckily, we can see. Unluckily, there are several downsides to wearing glasses.

1. Laying down while wearing glasses

You try watching television while laying down. It's not easy, and it's not fun.

2. Rain

Why don't they make windshield wipers for your glasses?

3. When they get dirty

Spoiler alert. They are ALWAYS dirty.

4. Having to clean them

You never have the right cloth, and your shirt is never the right material.

5. Doing your makeup

I have been known to sit in the sink to be able to see my makeup as I do it.

6. Then your glasses then cover it

Why did I just put on three different eyeshadows only to have them covered by my glasses?

7. "Why don't you just wear contacts?"

Because I got one stuck to the bottom of my eyeball and had to go to the doctor to get it removed. Okay? Let me live my life.

8. Sunglasses

How am I supposed to wear two pairs of glasses? Huh?

9. Formal events

Sometimes you just don't want to be wearing glasses.

10. Adjusting them

Whether you push them up by the side or by the center, they always end up just slightly wrong.

11. Eyelashes

Eyelashes and glasses are just an all around problem. Eyelashes get on your lens and then you can just barely see it. If you push your glasses up too far, your glasses hit them. It's never fun.

12. Friends trying them on

"Wow, you're like really blind!" No. They're just for looks. Now can you give them back?

13. 3D movies

The lenses never match up with each other, making you uncomfortable for the next hour and a half.

14. Temperature changes

Oh, you just wanted to check on that thing in the oven? Nope. You can't see it.

15. Makeup gets everywhere

You mean you wanted your foundation to stay on your nose and not the inside of your glasses? Too bad.

16. The glare

Heaven forbid you want to take a selfie while your computer is open in front of you. Need to use the front flash? Try again.

17. Losing them

How am I supposed to find my glasses without my glasses?

18. When your prescription changes

So now I have this useless pair of glasses that I will only use when trying to find my current pair.

19. "Here let me put them on for you!"

No. They go under the hair. Down, straighten them out, then push them on. By the sides. Not the... just let me do it.

20. Put them on top of your head.

Good idea! They sit there so nicely. Until you go to take them off and they are tangled in every hair on your head.

21. Hugs

Please don't hug me so tightly my face presses into my glasses. Now they're dirty again.