The Struggles Of Being A Broke College Student During The Holidays

Being a college student during the Holidays, especially on a budget, can especially effect your normal Holiday celebration traditions.

12
publicdomainpictures.net

1. Your friends, family, significant other, etc, honestly deserve more than you can afford.

Honestly, these people deserve more than that bottle of lotion, box of candy, and candle you can afford, but sadly you can't afford more with the budget you live on. However, if these people are truly the best part of your life, they should be understanding of your thin wallet.

2. Your roommate may or may not share the same love of Christmas music with you.

As much as you may want to listen to it over, and over, and over, and over again, your roommate may be going insane. Or maybe not. Just be respectful of their own opinion of the Holidays as they may not even celebrate the same Holiday as you.

3. You may be used to decorating way more than you can in your little dorm room.

A full sized tree, lights absolutely everywhere, candles, wreaths, a little town setup, all of this is almost impossible, and a huge fire hazard, in your little tiny dorm room. Maybe get a little tree and a few strings of lights to help make your dorm room a little more festive.

4. You may or may not be missing out on a White Christmas.

Depending on where you're from, you may be used to snow on Thanksgiving or no snow at all for the Holidays. Moving to a new area for college may effect this altogether, so you might have to put activities like skiing, tubing, sledding, ice skating, and so on, on hold.