The Struggles of Being a Bottle Blonde

The Struggles of Being a Bottle Blonde

Illegally Blonde

176
The Struggles of Being a Bottle Blonde
haircutsoo.com

The struggles of being a brunette faking her way to being a blonde can make anyone want to give up the Rapunzel lifestyle. We strive for Britney Spears blonde, but sometimes land among the brassy clouds. Here are some problems every bottle blonde faces.

1. Damaged hair.
There is no denying that my hair dies a little with every foil, but I just can't give up my golden locks.

2. ROOTS.
Do my black roots give away that I am hardcore faking my way through life?

3. Purple shampoo.
This stuff is the best cure for brassy locks, but it smells like chemicals and is the reason my showers take an extra 10 minutes.

4. Dark eyebrows.
Even though I love my arch and eyebrow pencil, my dark eyebrows don't exactly scream "I'm a natural blonde."

5. Emptying my bank account on my hair.
Obviously it's worth it to feel like a Blonde Goddess, but beauty doesn't come cheap.

6. Getting called out for being a fake.
Alright, I am aware this is not my natural look, but I think we can all agree I look a lot better this way.

7. Brass.
I'd much rather be sassy than brassy, my friends.

8. Winter
My hair suffers from a lack of Vitamin D while the sun is hibernating during the cold months. You could say seasonal depression hits my hair pretty hard.

9. Running out of detangler.
T
hat damaged hair is not easy to brush through.

10. Everyone assuming your IQ went down.
Elle Woods clearly proved the dumb-blonde stereotype to be wrong, but some people still did not learn their lesson. Hair color does not determine intelligence.

11. Facing the inevitable.
One day, I will have to accept the fact that my hair has been through too much. On that sad, sad day, I will be forced to return to my natural hair color; all the while knowing that what my blonde hair and I had was real and beautiful.

These struggles may be annoying, but the satisfaction of being a blondie make it all worth while. I wouldn't give up my light locks for all of the free detangler in the world.