How Strength Training Changed My View On Exercise
Wellbeing

Strength Training Changed My View On Exercise And Now I'm Hooked

Strength training will prove, there is nothing you can't do.

76
https://www.buckley.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1467828/team-buckley-commits-to-nutrition-month-keeping-airmen-healthy/

If you've ever been to a gym, you know the feeling. You walk past all of the big bulky guys in cut off tank tops in the weight area. They know what they're doing, or at least they make it look like they do. You'll also see those women who look like some sort of boxer or trainer. She knows exactly what she's doing.

It's intimidating. I used to avoid it completely. I'd walk into the gym, and carefully not cross the border into weight-lifting-experts-area, and instead head straight for the treadmill. Many of us, women especially, are under the impression that cardio is the sole way to lose weight, and that weight lifting will only make us bulk up.

It was my mom who finally convinced me to try adding strength training into my cycle of workouts. She had begun doing lifting, and she had completely transformed. I saw her looking forward to exercising, and I saw her looking healthier and happier than ever.

I decided to do my research and come up with a routine to try.

Immediately, I was hooked.

Eventually, I was beyond pleased with how I felt. I was powerful, I was working hard, and I knew what I was doing.

Doing strength training a few times a week has made me look forward to exercising because I no longer feel like a weak, sweaty, mess when I go to the gym. On cardio days, my new strength brings more ease to my exercise. And on strength days, I blast my music, tune out the world, and work until I can't work any longer.

So if you're starting to feel discouraged about your health or your body, I encourage you to give strength training a try. There are plenty of workouts you can find online, and once you find some you like, you're going to see yourself looking better, and feeling stronger.