Don't Make A Habit Of Sleeping Until Noon
Seasonal

Stop Missing Summer Because Of Your Terrible Sleeping Patterns

It's a bad habit.

451

We've all been guilty of a self-indulgent lie-in from time to time, whether we went to bed late the previous night or need a mental health day. But when summer rolls around, it becomes so easy to let the occasional lie-in until noon turns into a horrible habit.

Admittedly, it is nice to put off responsibilities that hang over our shoulders during the school year by staying in bed. It's great to be lazy every once in a while. It can do wonders for your mindset.

However, if you have nothing begging for your attention when the semester is over, that habit can become self-destructive in a way. You stay up past midnight, wake up around noon, dress—and then, the day is nearly over.

It becomes a vicious cycle that is difficult to undo, and if you don't undo it, you're missing out on a large chunk of your summer.

I find this has been happening to me recently. I stay up until two in the morning as I only work a few days a week, and wake up around noon. But in two hours, my sisters finish school, and what have I accomplished? Absolutely nothing!

The self-indulgent lie-in becomes miserable as you see those wasted hours turn to dust, and before you know it, you've already been at home for a month. What do you have to show for it? Days spent waking at noon and barely being productive?

If your sleeping patterns are in your control, I'd advise you to curl up in bed earlier, wake up earlier, and enjoy the world earlier. This is the free time you've been craving all year, and if you're not enjoying it properly, no one else will! The second you let your summer fall out of your control, you become irritated with yourself for letting it happen at all.

There is so much to take advantage of in the early mornings that you're sleeping through! So dress, head outside, and breathe in the summer for what it's worth!

(Also worth noting that sleeping until noon occasionally can be wonderful too, as we all need our relaxing time, but don't get sucked into the habit all over again.)