Why We Need To Stop Doubting Teachers

Why We Need To Stop Doubting Teachers

"A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches the heart."

39
Why We Need To Stop Doubting Teachers
Wallpapers Craft

Yes, I wanna be a teacher. Yes, I know they don't get paid a lot. Yes, I know I have to work with kids all day. Yes, I wanna go back to spending all my days in the classroom. Yes, I see the face of disappointment you got when I said, "I wanna be a teacher." Thank you to those people who tell me what I already know. Thank you, for doubting me and the career I want to achieve. No matter what people say about teaching I will continue to achieve my goal to get my degree in early childhood and special education. It's been my dream since I was a little girl to become an elementary school teacher. Most kids have wild imaginations and want become things like astronauts, famous singers, professional sports players, etc. But for me, I just always wanted to be a teacher.

So, to those people who doubt me, just remember when you have kids and they come home and their teacher's name is Ms. Moffett, remember all those comments you made about doubting me and telling me not to become a teacher. Because now I'm in control of your child's future, I'll be the reason they are able to achieve things in life and then finally get the big job they want. I'm sure you are thankful for the teachers/professors you've had throughout the years, and if you have a job I'm sure you're thankful they taught you everything you need to know. But I'm sure when they told everyone that they wanted to be a teacher or professor everyone doubted them and told them to pick a better career as well, but they didn't and now you are thankful for them. So the next time someone tells you they want to become a teacher, instead of shooting them down for what they wanna do, encourage them and thank them for what they are trying to do because it's not easy.

I want to make a difference in this world, and the way I want to do that is through education. I want to give kids the gift of learning that so many of my teachers gave to me throughout my time in school. I want to teach children how to read, how to write, how to add and subtract and the reason why things are the way they are. Education is such a powerful tool, and my heart breaks at the thought of a child missing out on the opportunity to learn. I firmly believe that teachers change lives every single day. I may not ever live in a mansion and have millions in my bank account, but I will teach future astronauts, doctors, lawyers, police officers, business owners, etc and that's plenty rich to me.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a better place because I was important in the life of a child."

-Excerpt from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

P.s. If you can read this, thank a teacher!